• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Adelaide is taking its first step towards a major strength gym!

Fuzzy

Hello all, my name is Firas. I'll keep this short and sweet, but me and James (I'm sure most here know him) are starting small, and looking to potentially set up a large dedicated PTC here in Adelaide.

As it stands, there are two gyms on their way to be up and running. my parent's place, and James' place.

Some snaps of mine: Much of this equipment belonged to the Adelaide weightlifting club, which has now been collapsed due to various reasons.

As it stands there are
2x Elieko comp bars, 1 x ivanko bar, 1x shitty bar, 1x female bar, crappy little exx bar
280kg of bumpers, 200kg of 20kgx10 metal, and plenty of small plates
3 platforms, havent set up the third,
4 free standing squat racks
chains and bands

in a few days I will also have...
back extension machine, a power rack, and a decent stand alone flat bench. Im not gonna get a bench, just bench inside the power rack.

199409_10150141731889315_514379314_6758067_8235765_n.jpg

207815_10150141732029315_514379314_6758069_7135065_n.jpg

206848_10150141732104315_514379314_6758071_4190281_n.jpg

198097_10150141732184315_514379314_6758073_1171431_n.jpg

Before I got anything in. At the back, the indent will have a toilet, and to the left will be a small kitchenette area.

68714_447178044314_514379314_5520828_4416525_n.jpg

Me and James have turned out to be kindered spirits in a fashion, and are looking to work together to hopefully establish a true PTC. We are going to charge the same rates and cooperate.

I am long term loaning James 2 platforms and 1-2 racks in exchange for a tyre. The key to this, in our developmental stages is not to get to nit picky about things. What we need to do is work together, and get as many people who love strength in an training as we possibly can.

Markos, when you see this, me and James are thinking we will fly over in May to see you and nitpick the crap out of your brains.

Just putting it out there. I have not established times yet, but if anyone is interested in training, do not hesitate to call me in 0433 679 772.

I'm exciiiited!

Last edited:
Hi Firas, congrats on the gym! good to see another PTC pop up. I remember you from the old nissansilvia days, are you still doing olymic lifting?

Great setup mate. Good luck with your venture.

Where abouts in Adelaide is this gym mate?

Great setup mate. Good luck with your venture.

Where abouts in Adelaide is this gym mate?

I was Oly lifting up untill my injuries became too much in September of last year. Only recently been squatting again.

Last edited:
When you say your setting up a 'PTC' do you mean your affiliated with Markos / PTC?

Or your just setting up a gym with a similar style?
Either way, its looking good :)

for everyone's knowledge, the other venue is located in seaton. so whether you live south or north, everyone can get to these venues. We are currently working on the exact structure the gyms will entail. Either way, they are better than most gym's available in adelaide.. You will be able to flip tyres, logs, stones, prowlers are on the way as well... farmers walks heavy and hard. things you cannot do in a regular gym... and as well, i have ordered a new eleiko weightlifting bar for the seaton venue with plenty of bumpers to spare.

Firaz - Prospect: 0433 679 772.
James - Seaton: 0432 748 780.

we are working on that at the moment. it will more than likely be per session, the more mates you bring, the cheaper it will be overall.

competitive lifters will have a cheaper rate than single sessions, as they will do more sessions in a week.

opening hours will be around the 5pm - 9pm region, obviously flexible depending on demand.

stay tuned, as we are making in roads on more equipment and more gear. i know firaz does sessions currently, and my venue is around 2 weeks away from opening.

Last edited:
When you say your setting up a 'PTC' do you mean your affiliated with Markos / PTC?

Or your just setting up a gym with a similar style?
Either way, its looking good :)

I didn't realise there was some drama with this board and Markos. Guess staying off the internet does that. But yes, the long term goal is to affiliate with Markos. There is power in numbers.

Love the chains lol.

Yup, went to bunnings and made them!

we are working on that at the moment. it will more than likely be per session, the more mates you bring, the cheaper it will be overall.

competitive lifters will have a cheaper rate than single sessions, as they will do more sessions in a week.

opening hours will be around the 5pm - 9pm region, obviously flexible depending on demand.

stay tuned, as we are making in roads on more equipment and more gear. i know firaz does sessions currently, and my venue is around 2 weeks away from opening.

Exactly, me and James have only very recently begun making inroads into this. We'll be meeting soon and putting out a pricing list. Suffice to say for the next year or 2 it will be quite cheap for some seriously good equipment and training. I'm taking people in at the moment, and I'm not fussy on charging people for the next month if you're keen for a session,

Markos moved on to a new website called ProRaw Powerlifting (nut up or shut up)
Great gym, hopefully everything goes we'll with getting some members there :)

Prospect isnt too far away from here. Will def have to drop in some time for a tyre flipping session.

Nice looking Gym, any shirted benchers around these parts? I have never successfully benched in my shirt LOL

Fuzzy get in contact with the people who closed down Evolution gyms they might let you buy some of the gear before it goes to auction . cheers

Probably not worth worrying about! (from my experience of the Hendon one)

They don't (didn't) have olympic barbells. 1 dodgy cage. Maybe the dumbbells if you were so inclined. Benches were falling apart.

No idea what the Richmond one has.