• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fat Burners and Sex Drive

Olando89

Fat Burners and Sex Drive

I've been taking fat burners on and off for a few years now and have always buried my head in the sand for what its long term effects are.

My question is; Can someone comment on their experiences with using fat burners like epherdrine etc and its affect on lowering sex drive?

I had the worst night last night when I got back to this girls place, only to be half way through when I just couldn't keep it up - this is devastating!!! - Im only in my mid twenties, and needless to say I'm loosing sleep over it.

Please help!

P.S. Im more after any constructive comments; like how to strengthen my libido and hear other peoples stories on how they have got through this issue, as opposed to hearing more reinforcements on why I shouldn't have taken it etc - obviously I've stopped using these substances. - Thanks in advance.

You need to be more specific.

What fat burner have you been taking?

Did you take ephedrine?

Sorry - it was called Synepherine and another that I was using, I was told had ephedrine in it. I believe it has something to do with altering blood pressure etc.

...needless to say the ephedrine one didn't have a label - hence the request for 'constructive' contributions.

Sorry - it was called Synepherine and another that I was using, I was told had ephedrine in it. I believe it has something to do with altering blood pressure etc.

...needless to say the ephedrine one didn't have a label - hence the request for 'constructive' contributions.
synephrine is very weak compared to Ephedrine.

Not sure why you would lose sex drive taking Synephrine.

No - I wasn't drinking, I was pretty tired though - in any case I still think that being a little tried wouldn't stop most young guys - I'm getting pretty distraught about it... pretty embarrassing! Luckily I didn't know her.

* Also, I'm not on any other drugs of any kind - maybe a multi now and again.

Here is some basic history:

- I have taken antidepressants in the past - haven't for 18 months. I also have no issues regarding that now either.
- Never dabbled in testosterone supplements of any kind.

If it was a 1 off don't worry...

Were not race horses and Alot of guys don't like to admit it but they pass it up every now and again.

It's normal..

Yeah 1 off won't matter. And if you had some one on one time previously, might have been the cause.

And being tired is a reasonable explanation. No matter of age.

Thanks for the feedback guys - I have had trouble 'finishing off' from time to time too though.

Last edited:
If you have had a history of SNRI'SSRI use then it calls speculation that there might be an unresolved issue there.

What is SNRI'SSRI?

...In any case I think I better go to the docs.

He wont give you blue pills unless it happens often.

How often has it happened if its under 5 in the last 12months then your worrying for no reason