• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Your Goals

Aaron

Just thought I'd start a thread where we can put up a our fitness/sport based goals, and a timeframe (and perhaps report back when the timeframe's up). These can be goals in powerlifting, bodybuilding, strongman, or any other sport for that matter - I know there's quite a few on here that are interested in MMA, running, cycling, etc.

My interest is Powerlifting. I've been training in a powerlifting style for about 6 weeks, and prior to that I spent about 3 months trying every exercise under the sun.

Where I'm At:
I recently competed in a PA's first Raw comp - the Raw Nats - 125/75/180. I'm currently 94kg.

Where I'm Going:
I'm competing again in 15 weeks at the Hawk Challenge. I'm hoping for 160/90/200. I'd like to be around 87kg in 15 weeks - not by dieting specifically, but by tidying my eating (both what I eat, and when).

Just to reiterate - this thread is for all of our passions, and isn't limited to any one particular field. So please, jump in, share where you're at, and where you're going.

Current best gym lifts S 205 B 135 D 240 @100-102

Current weight 107.5

Where im going? Stronger.. Though my main goal is physique, though i want to do it through strength ( if that makes sense). I figure when i can dead tripple bodyweight my back will be half decent.

I wouldnt mind competing in lifting however it seems like alot of fucking around. I would like to just rock up on a day and lift. Not worry about dieting down to get into a certian weight class.. dehydrating myself for a weigh in or working out how to peak at a comp with lifts..I just want to be strong all year round not " sorry im not strong today i havnt peaked in my lifitng cycle" I Just want to rock up weigh and lift go home eat.

Last edited:
Where I'm At:
I recently competed in the CAPO QLD States, totaled 455kg (got a good 475kg+ in me).

Where I'm Going:
Stronger, wanting a get a 600kg+ total next year at the States.

My goal right now is to get back up to 100kg.
After dieting down from 106.9 to 92 I was going well but I thought I lost a bit too much LBM. So I will diet back up to 100 and probably around Sep - Oct diet back down.

Need the abs before summer :)

My interest is sports performance (rugby union) and secondly interest is probably bodybuilding/looking good. Been training for about 4 months now.

Where I'm At:
135/75/150

Where I'm Going:
Hope to achieve 150/95/180 By August/September.

want to get to 82kg in two months, currently 77 with probably 16% bf.
lifts ~130/~90/160.

want to get 180/120/200 by the end of the year. at 80kg with bf 10%.

How long have you been training for Superwomba? What do you squat and bench? You'll hit this goal quite easily given a bit of time.

I am back from a 5 year lay off. Only just started squatting first time ever 3 weeks ago. I like it but just easing into it. Best so far Squat 80kgs+bar x5, Bench 110kg+bar x3. The bar is not olympic size. I weigh 114kg. :( I made a timelapse video of my first 3mths back training. Maybe I should post it up.

I am back from a 5 year lay off. Only just started squatting first time ever 3 weeks ago. I like it but just easing into it. Best so far Squat 80kgs+bar x5, Bench 110kg+bar x3. The bar is not olympic size. I weigh 114kg. :( I made a timelapse video of my first 3mths back training. Maybe I should post it up.

Have you got a training log? If not, definitely start one - they help you stay on track, and measure progress. Start one up, and post your vid in it :D

Your squat will fly up. Should pass your bench within weeks.

Where I'm At: 105kgs, look decent

Where I'm Going: 95kgs, look awesome

Yes, I'm vain :p

I guess i wouldn't mind benching 180kgs and deadlifting 260kgs either.

Although this isn't a priority, more of a 'nice to have'.

Have you got a training log? If not, definitely start one - they help you stay on track, and measure progress.

To stay on track you first need to know where you are going! LOL! I started lifting again to lose some weight and regain my strength. Mission is nearly complete. I suppose my goal now is to decide which path to go down.

To stay on track you first need to know where you are going! LOL! I started lifting again to lose some weight and regain my strength. Mission is nearly complete. I suppose my goal now is to decide which path to go down.
How about cricket commentator? :D:D

Hahaha I had the same thought Shrek.

Superwomba - it's simple - get bigger, or stronger, or faster. Or, if you're happy with where you're at, maintain it. Whatever 'it' is lol.