• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Your Goals

What's your training like currently?
Very basic, squat machine, incline bench, seated military press and chin ups, same routine 3x per week, it's going well.

Still have dodgy lower back stiffness preventing me from traditional squats, at the moment, even with a belt, anything heavier than 140kg feels like 300kg and stiffness flares up, going to the Osteo soon to get it sorted.

Very basic, squat machine, incline bench, seated military press and chin ups, same routine 3x per week, it's going well.

Still have dodgy lower back stiffness preventing me from traditional squats, at the moment, even with a belt, anything heavier than 140kg feels like 300kg and stiffness flares up, going to the Osteo soon to get it sorted.

I feel your pain mate!

Sounds like we have similar problems.. Osteo helped me alot, what also helped me was sitting like an astronaut in launch position.

Grab a chair lay on your back and put your legs up on it.
Also hamies, hip flexors... I don't think anyone here stretches enough nor is enough emphasis put on it.

/hijack

Sounds like we have similar problems.. Osteo helped me alot, what also helped me was sitting like an astronaut in launch position.

Grab a chair lay on your back and put your legs up on it.
Also hamies, hip flexors... I don't think anyone here stretches enough nor is enough emphasis put on it.

/hijack

Very true in regards to the hammies and hip flexors!

I had never stretched before, once this flared up I started, I do hips, lats, lower back, groin, glutes, quads and hammies.

10 mins of stretching in the morning and night, and right after training, it helps to reduce the stiffness but there is still an underlying issue that needs to be addessed.

I had never stretched before, once this flared up I started, I do hips, lats, lower back, groin, glutes, quads and hammies.

10 mins of stretching in the morning and night, and right after training, it helps to reduce the stiffness but there is still an underlying issue that needs to be addessed.

400mg twice daily magnesium citrate also helped me alot. People forget the bigger they get the more minerals they need. Especially magnesium.

squat 180, bench 140, dead 220 in competition by end of 2011

long term, consistently be able to hit a 600kg total @ 80kg bodyweight :D and still be athletic

Raw 3 sets of 5 @77 (2 weeks out?)

sq 182.5, bp, 100, dl 205

equipped comp @ 74

sq 245, bp 185-190, dl 245-250

Last edited:
I may have to try a suit ill be a beast ****...
Doubt it. While I sit here and openly mock the idea of a suit lifting the weight for you, on that same token you don't just put it on and whammo your bench/squat goes up by 80kg. It takes a great deal of training and mastery to get good gains from equipment, if this wasn't the case there would be more guys like minh getting around. I have tried a squat suit and bench shirt in the past (no training) and only got 5-10kg increase.

Last edited:
I don't think it's a matter of just putting on a shirt and upping your bench instantly. I'm sure if I tried on Minh's shirt (in my size) I probably wouldn't even be able to bench.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm not sure where to set my goals for this year as I don't know how fast I'll progress.

I would like at least 220/140/220+ though.

If everybody got 80kg from a shirt then every single 'bro' at the gym would be benching with one. Hell, If I thought I could get 80kg from a shirt I'd be wacking one on today.

If everybody got 80kg from a shirt then every single 'bro' at the gym would be benching with one. Hell, If I thought I could get 80kg from a shirt I'd be wacking one on today.

Buy one and find out?

Or grab a sling shot...