• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Samson Barbells in sydney

gij100

Hi,
Im wondering if anyone can tell me what they do in this shop/warehouse, or if they have any experience in dealing with them?
Am i able to walk in and take a look at their stock or will i need to call up and make an appointment (probably should anyway.)
Also, do they sell (solid) weight benches?

sorry if i am bombarding with questions.

thanks in advance!

I have been there a few times. Yes you can just walk in and have a look.

all there stuff is solid and made right there in the warehouse.

Bit pricey though.

Far as I know, they closed down couple of years ago.
I could be wrong, as I have been wrong about twice before.

Far as I know, they closed down couple of years ago.
I could be wrong, as I have been wrong about twice before.

You're right Hulk (can i call you Adrian? im Joe), shut down four years ago, actually dropped by today and was told :(
Dammit, wouldve been handy if it was still open, in my area. Guess im headed to gymdirect next then

So sad about another Aussie company going down the tube.

If anyone has a Samson weight plate storage tree for sale or knows where there is one (there must be hundreds of these out there in garages and sheds, most probably covered in an inch of dust:p) let me know as I am keen for a second one, as I have just picked up a heap of additional Samson plates off my brother. (going to his place on Sunday hopefully to collect them, as well as a standard sized bar for my dead lifting:))

Anyway just thought I put it out there:

For those wondering what they look like, here is a photo of my one for reference, keep an eye out for me;)

100_6344.jpg

I know there is others out there, but not interested, I like the 'old school' Samson gear since I am an 'old bastard':)

I think he also has an original Samson Bench press bench for sale (same as mine I believe, but not 100% sure, have not seen it for over 10 years:p) so if anyone is keen let me know and I find out more about it on Sunday for you.

Still looking for a weight tree as pictured.

Also looking for any spare Samson plates anyone might want to sell, I bet there are heaps rusting away out there some where!:rolleyes: