• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I pulled my hamstring, how can I still smash my good leg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except I asked for one legged exercises. Instead I'm getting advice that if I took could easily lead to a major drama like tendonitis. That's pretty dumb.

There was fluid behind my knee 5 days after I did it. That isn't DOMS.

Imagine if I was some dumbass that beleived everything I read on the net, I got egged on here by those two, and ended up with some restricting injury for life. Fuck that!

yea you might get bigger muscles !! oh no
i have had doms in legs and back for upto 5-6 daysafter a awesome workout....

And what kind of dumbass wants to smash his good leg? so you can be wont have equal strength in both and one will be more developed then the other (great plan)

do them both or dont do em at all.... thats my opinion.
u go do ur one legged squats see how far u get and fucking dumb u look.

Bigger muscles? How, by developing tendonitis and not being able to lift? IDIOT!

When I was a skinny beginner (like you are) I got DOMS that lasted 5-6 days too.

Muscle imbalance IS a good reason to not do one legged exercises. But for two weeks, it's fine. There is a reason these one legged exercises exist after all.

However, if I were to not rehab my hamstring correctly, pushed on and tore/pulled it worse, and ended up with a debilitating long term injury - then you can bet your arse that muscle imbalance WOULD be a problem.

I don't see why taking a week or two off part of your training (if you have a real injury) is a big problem. Sure it won't help, but esp for someone who is only concerned with bodybuilding/muscle size, I doubt you'd loose a noticeable amount of muscle in 2 weeks.

As for one legged exercises you could do single legged leg curls, extensions or pretty much any machine as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.