• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Grass fed mince

kal-el

Im looking for a place in south east QLD to buy grass fed mince. at the moment Im paying $14/kg for organic grass fed stuff from Aldi but its a bit expensive, so Im looking for other places (around Logan ish area) that sell grass fed mince.

TRY Hillman Meat Company :: LocationI used these guys for quite some time when i was a chef and if they dont have it they should point you in the right direction. shoulod be near you , the factory outlet that is.

Hillman Meat Company Address

Shop 4 & 9, 97 Jijaws St
Sumner QLD 4074

Mickey thanks, I just checked their website and it seems they do have grass fed stuff and they have mince listed but they dont mention whether its grass fed or grain fed. Ill give them a call tomorrow and check it out.

Bazza, no I just like to make stuff up then post it on forums. I pay $14/kg for free range organic mince, you cant reallt compare it to the stuff you get from coles. Its like comparing a coles T bone to black angus T bone, you cant do it.

Bazza, no I just like to make stuff up then post it on forums. I pay $14/kg for free range organic mince, you cant reallt compare it to the stuff you get from coles. Its like comparing a coles T bone to black angus T bone, you cant do it.

You do realise it's cheaper to produce grass fed beef than grain fed.

It will depend on the area but most beef produced in Australia would be grass fed and "free range" including the stuff from Coles, it just doesn't have the fancy expensive label.

It's all nice marketing, place a grass fed free range label on it and charge more.

I've heard rounding up the herd of mince is quite messy.

Trying to hang it on the hook is nearly unpossible.

Bazza yes I do realise a lot of the stuff is grassfed but its also grain fed as well. The stuff from coles is a mixture of both grassfed and grain fed beef.

Its grass fed then fattened up for a few months before slaughter on grains. Just because something is cheaper to produce doesnt mean it will be sold cheaper. coles' beef is supplied by Australian country choice, which is hormone free but not antibiotic free, and theyre a mix of grass fed and grain fed depending on whether. If its wet its more than likely grass fed if its dry its more than likely grain fed. In the end you never know which one youre getting though.

Silverback you are indeed a funny man.

Bazza yes I do realise a lot of the stuff is grassfed but its also grain fed as well. The stuff from coles is a mixture of both grassfed and grain fed beef.

Its grass fed then fattened up for a few months before slaughter on grains. Just because something is cheaper to produce doesnt mean it will be sold cheaper. coles' beef is supplied by Australian country choice, which is hormone free but not antibiotic free, and theyre a mix of grass fed and grain fed depending on whether. If its wet its more than likely grass fed if its dry its more than likely grain fed. In the end you never know which one youre getting though.

Silverback you are indeed a funny man.

Your being tricked by clever marketing.

Anyway its a free world, spend your money how you like. Just thought I would point out that there is not going to be any noticeable differences.

No antibiotics in the meat? I'd say that's a good difference.

Kal-el, I live in maleny, and pay $12kg.

Says you...

It's all nice being an expert from your computer Noobs.

Get out in the paddock and see how animals are farmed here is Aus and you will realise that terms like free range, organic, grass fed and what ever else mean jack shit and is all marketing.

Mate I work on farmers padocks. I'm actually killing a weed at the moment called giant rats tail.
Do you know what I use to ki the GRT? Glyphosate.

POISON.

The cows then eat the shit, gets stored in their fat, then we eat it.

With organic, this does not happen.

So will you pleeeease fuck off with your shit. Just because your farm was perfect, doesn't mean every other farm is.

No antibiotics in the meat? I'd say that's a good difference.

Kal-el, I live in maleny, and pay $12kg.

Antibiotics have withholding periods for meat sale. All animals in Aus are tagged with electronic tags so if antibiotic residues are detected it can be traced back to the producer.

Mate I work on farmers padocks. I'm actually killing a weed at the moment called giant rats tail.
Do you know what I use to ki the GRT? Glyphosate.

POISON.

The cows then eat the shit, gets stored in their fat, then we eat it.

With organic, this does not happen.

So will you pleeeease fuck off with your shit. Just because your farm was perfect, doesn't mean every other farm is.

Your using roundup. It has strict witholding periods before cattle can graze areas sprayed

Roundup is actually a very safe chemical i think you can even get it at the supermarket.

You can get bleech too, would you like to drink that?

Look man, you have your views and they are well known. If we want to "waste" our money that's our choice. Just dont say that organic is a marketing hype, it's not.

You can get bleech too, would you like to drink that?

Look man, you have your views and they are well known. If we want to "waste" our money that's our choice. Just dont say that organic is a marketing hype, it's not.

Mate I agree spend your money how you want.

I'm just giving you guys information that actually happens on farms rather than the usual organic, free range, feel good bullshit lines fed on here which are straight from there marketing campaigns.

There is just so much misinformation and outright lies spread by organic movement it's not funny.

I really dont think Im being fooled by marketing, unless if you put no stock in the arguement that hormone/antibiotic free, 100% grass fed is better for you. I how ever do believe its better for you.

For anyone thats interested I have found a place that sells hormone/antibiotic free mince for $9/kg if you buy 10kg/time. Beef: Queensland Natural Beef it is a $15 delivery fee though.

I have also found another place on the gold coast that does black angus hormone free antibiotic free grass fed for $12/kg.

Im going to keep looking to see if I can find any other places.

Bazza Im not too concerned with the organic part of it, I am more concerned with the grass fed, AB/H free side of it.

So you know what antibiotics are fed to chickens? Or what fertilizers are used to grow your veggies?
Thought not.

Please stop jumping in every organic thread spreading Shit man. You've got no idea obviously, or at least are looking after your wallet, which is fair enough.

Either way, I'm nit going to argue anymore.