• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Grass fed mince

Bazza Im not too concerned with the organic part of it, I am more concerned with the grass fed, AB/H free side of it.

Mate it's up to you. I wouldn't pay more for it and the beef i grow would be considered organic, grass fed AB/H free. Just not labeled as such.

By the way organic is hormone and antibiotic free.

Organic is not just hormone and antibiotic free. Some places can NOT get organic certs because they spray their cattle for ticks and innoculate them.

There are difference between organic labeled and not organic labeled, otherwise there would be no use for a label.

So you know what antibiotics are fed to chickens? Or what fertilizers are used to grow your veggies?
Thought not.

Please stop jumping in every organic thread spreading Shit man. You've got no idea obviously, or at least are looking after your wallet, which is fair enough.

Either way, I'm nit going to argue anymore.

I have no idea?? You have been on a farmers paddock to spray a couple of weeds so you know it all. Fucking arm chair experts.

Organic is not just hormone and antibiotic free. Some places can NOT get organic certs because they spray their cattle for ticks and innoculate them.

There are difference between organic labeled and not organic labeled, otherwise there would be no use for a label.

Seriously mate I know that. I was just saying organic implies AB/h free since you were mentioning them separately.

There is a difference between how organic and not organic is produced obviously, but these differences are largely superficial and not going to make a difference to the end product.

Mate I work on farmers padocks. I'm actually killing a weed at the moment called giant rats tail.
Do you know what I use to ki the GRT? Glyphosate.

POISON.

The cows then eat the shit, gets stored in their fat, then we eat it.

With organic, this does not happen.

So will you pleeeease fuck off with your shit. Just because your farm was perfect, doesn't mean every other farm is.

Couldn't of said it better.

Bazza also claimed there was no antibiotic use in animals unless they needed it...

At work I met a guy who's job is to go to farms and inject antibiotics into EVERY chicken. . . healthy or not...

But then again I will need a study to prove it to Bazza as at his paddock things don't operate like that.

Couldn't of said it better.

Bazza also claimed there was no antibiotic use in animals unless they needed it...

At work I met a guy who's job is to go to farms and inject antibiotics into EVERY chicken. . . healthy or not...

But then again I will need a study to prove it to Bazza as at his paddock things don't operate like that.

I don't grow chickens mate.

I don't want to have to go into the wrong shit you post.

Remember grains causing holes in cows stomachs and the picture. lol You idiot. Were did you get that shit from, seriously.

A documentary I watched actually...

But then again you need a study...

From what I remember it was from the cows not tolerating the corn diet they were fed due to the congestion and poor digestion they had to put the hole in the cow to pass the food down as it couldn't be digested...

When I think of the documentary I will send it over to your paddock for your birthday.

A documentary I watched actually...

But then again you need a study...

From what I remember it was from the cows not tolerating the corn diet they were fed due to the congestion and poor digestion they had to put the hole in the cow to pass the food down as it couldn't be digested...

When I think of the documentary I will send it over to your paddock for your birthday.

If that was on a documentary its a disgrace. No studies needed mate, just go to a farm and see if you ever see cows with holes in the side of them to feed grains. Just shows don't believe everything you see on TV.

Cows digest grains fine and grain is actually a very fast digested feed. Just like anything if you get it wrong and feed too much it can cause problems, no farmer wants that. Did you know at certain times of year cows can die from grazing grass bet they didn't say that on the documentary.

Mate I work on farmers padocks. I'm actually killing a weed at the moment called giant rats tail.
Do you know what I use to ki the GRT? Glyphosate.

POISON.

The cows then eat the shit, gets stored in their fat, then we eat it.

With organic, this does not happen.

So will you pleeeease fuck off with your shit. Just because your farm was perfect, doesn't mean every other farm is.

Forgot to add this last time but poisons are used in organic farming. The trick is they have to be natural occurring poisons.

Pleasestoptrolling.Imnotgoingtoarguewithyouanymorebecauseyourawasteofspace.Theonlyreasonihaventblockedyouisbecauseiliketoshowmymissusthecrapyouwritelol.

A number of graziers have had to turn to feedlotting where the cattle are mostly grain fed. The free range cattle have a better chance of having more omega-3s in their meat (Same with chickens and salmon, too.)
The reason a number of products are grass fed and grain finished are to get the benefits of grass feeding and get some saturated fat into the meat to make it juicer on the plate. It's the worst of both worlds for the grazier and hence why that's more expensive.
Obviously some people buy "organic" food for environmental or ethical reasons, not not for the dietary impact. Going Vegan generally trumps organic in that department. Organic Vegan is king.
(My background is in oil and gas. I had to look after gas wells on a number of graziers properties and hence had to spend a lot of time with them.)

organic for environmental reasons.

There are plenty of organic practices that are worse for the environment than conventional farming practices.

Spoke to a butcher at Hillmans today.

He said, most of the cows that are grassfed are not given hormones (these are given to grain fed) most free range cattle are also not given antibiotics. He sells his grass fed mince for 7.95/kg and said its not guaranteed to be hormone and antibiotic free but where he gets his cattle from there is plenty of grasss and there is no need for them.

He also said chickens in QLD are hormone free, but are given antibiotics at a young age to help them survive, but thats the only time. He also said those antibiotics should be out of their system with in a few weeks.

organic for environmental reasons.

There are plenty of organic practices that are worse for the environment than conventional farming practices.
I can't disagree, Baz. I was just referring to the person's motivation, whether misplaced or not.