• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lean beef?

Try kangaroo 30 grams protein low carbs almost no fat and cheaper too.. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SQ 157.5 | BP 115 paused | DL 190 @ 78kg

Get beef mince with a low fat %.

Johny, no meat has carbs in it.

Virtually no carbs.

Kangaroo meat does have some carbs in it - about 1%. More than other meats.

All meat has trace amounts of sugars in it, which is why the outside caramalises when cooked at high temperatures.

Your 5 star lean mince is a good way to go and cheaper than kangaroo if your on a budget.

Personally roo can get a little *yuck* after eating every meal everyday

I actually have been eating kangaroo daily, so thats why I want to have some beef now!

Thanks guys, ill try the 5 star lean mince.

Your 5 star lean mince is a good way to go and cheaper than kangaroo if your on a budget.

Personally roo can get a little *yuck* after eating every meal everyday

I would love to know where you get this cheap lean beef mince from. Mince costs a fortune at my local woolies, coles, foodland but a kilo of roo mince is only 7.99.

Don't you guys have a cheap local butcher? On special I can get 10 percent fat beef mince for 4-6 bucks a kilo.

I would love to know where you get this cheap lean beef mince from. Mince costs a fortune at my local woolies, coles, foodland but a kilo of roo mince is only 7.99.

This is one of the advantages of owning a farm. Unlimited milk and three freezers full of beef at the moment.

Porterhouse for tea tonight, roast tomorrow, eye fillet Friday.

Nothing beats a good rib on the bone ... or a nice piece of rump... you have to cook the strip of fat on the rump and it is ohhhhhhh so gooood.

I'm always on the lookout for well priced extra lean meat to make jerky with, I find the bulk pack round or topside steaks from the supermarket at around $10 p/kg give the best bang for the buck.

You can even buy a cheap topside roast and cut your own ;)

If you're looking for a cheap lean mince, how about buying a cryovac Steer (Cheap) or yearling rump and mincing it yourself.
Just need to buy a small hand mincer that screws onto your benchtop.

Open the bag slice off all the fat and mince away...

Steer Rump can be as cheap as 5.99k/g

In the US we live and die by eye of round steak. Cheap and lean.
Cook it over a fire or it gets to be about as tough as boot leather.

I reckon beef is about to get alot cheaper now that export to Indonesia has been stopped. All that cattle will go cheap to local suppliers. (I hope)

I reckon beef is about to get alot cheaper now that export to Indonesia has been stopped. All that cattle will go cheap to local suppliers. (I hope)

And kill alot of jobs for Australias....what a joke