• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you enjoy your occupation?

DKD

Private Dancer
If you work, do you enjoy your job?

If you're a student, do you enjoy your course?

Or is it just a means to an end? Is life just a big chore?

Work: fast food - not really, just a way to make some side money
Course: electrical engineering - on the whole, yes, thankfully

work - bottle-shop, its ok i enjoy it but couldn't do it forever
study- law. lot of fukn work and stress for little reward so far. hoping i look back in 10-15 yrs and be "i'm glad i did that"

student... cant stand being at school (give me the shits).
but iv got an apprenticeship set up for when i leave school with a bloke doing carpentry... i love manual labor, and working outside, i hate being trapped inside. give me a choice of school or work ill pick work every time!

Work - nightfill. Id rather get money for free but I enjoy the simplicity of it. I get to meet/make friends with new people id never speak to as well.

Arts/law - its interesting but at the end of the day I want to be a lawyer. I do have a thing for roman history and Frost though -

And indeed there will be time
For the yellow smoke that slides along the street,
Rubbing its back upon the window-panes; 25
There will be time, there will be time
To prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet;
There will be time to murder and create,
And time for all the works and days of hands
That lift and drop a question on your plate; 30
Time for you and time for me,
And time yet for a hundred indecisions,
And for a hundred visions and revisions,
Before the taking of a toast and tea.

And indeed there will be time
For the yellow smoke that slides along the street,
Rubbing its back upon the window-panes; 25
There will be time, there will be time
To prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet;
There will be time to murder and create,
And time for all the works and days of hands
That lift and drop a question on your plate; 30
Time for you and time for me,
And time yet for a hundred indecisions,
And for a hundred visions and revisions,
Before the taking of a toast and tea.
do you read this as regret? or a content complacency?

worked for a bunch of years in accounting/admin. hated it intensely. went back to uni to do law. one year down, two to go. wouldnt say i "enjoy" doing law assignments or exams but im certainly happy that im doing it.

worked for a bunch of years in accounting/admin. hated it intensely. went back to uni to do law. one year down, two to go. wouldnt say i "enjoy" doing law assignments or exams but im certainly happy that im doing it.
man that's like jumping from the pan into the fire!

nice protest sig. i should remove mine too.

Love my job but spent a long time looking for a good non-profit to work for and finally found one I previously worked in Corporate Advisory for quite a few years and it was a great experience but pretty brutal environment

Work (voice picker in 4 or -28deg depending on the day) - The work itself isn't so bad, not fantastic but I don't get suicidal there. The aches and pains from lifting shit for 8 hours a day, 6 days a week (plus overtime) I don't like, the working Fri/Sat night I don't like.

Pay is okay ($30 an hour training, $35 (or 38 if in the freezer) when off training) but not enough to not have a life/see the gf/etc.

Will be out when I find something else that suits.

Course (Exercise and Sport Science) - Didn't like. Hopefully opens a few doors to pull its weight later down the line, but I'm glad it's over.

Last edited:
Work - Yes (can't say what)
Uni - So far I'm loving the lifestyle and engineering/commerce definitely fits into the way I think.

Lol nope, It's just a bit iffy what I'm allowed to talk about on the internet so I just don't saying anything. I do work at Chermside though.

My job as a truck driver is ok but boring as hell, lots of sitting around and waiting, however that gives me time to do my study for uni, pays the bills and the kids school fees. 2 years with extra summer semesters down. 2 to go, then i will be a teacher which i have enjoyed so far as its very challenging but rewarding.

Work (Prject Admin) - Yes and no. I like it when I know what to do and I have enough work to keep me busy. I like to do things. I get bored easy. I regret not joining the military when I was 18 and actually fit FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! oh well.