• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you enjoy your occupation?

IM a joiner during the week and hate it with a passion, the only good thing is im standing all day, as im sure i would get real bored real quick sitting down all day.

On the weekends im a bartender for a nightclub, terrible hours ( 10pm - 3:30am ) but the crew i work with are awesome and the place is close enough..

Ill re-answer this question when i get into the ambo's which will hopefully be sometime soon, and change my answer..

I don't mind my job - Business Support Manager (Telco)

I have no ambition to study at 38 unless I was to do something sports related or business management.

I'm a soldier, currently teaching new soldiers how to become telecommunication technicians. I really enjoy getting in the classroom. It's still good after 9 years, but I'm trying to get to ADFA to study Civil Eng and become an officer.

I work at macca's part time (while I study) and its needless to say I hate that job, I really couldn't care less about it anymore.

doesn't it break down into dietician ect.?

Nutrition is a separate course entirely. You can go the double degree route if you would like, I know of a few who did so and almost did myself.

I would say check out the course, the units and practical elements involved before taking the plunge beforehand, though. Exercise and sport science was very much cardio and rehab science, in my experience.

Why so many people studying law ? why not become a geologist...
If i had a brain for maths/science I would.

I like the policy side of law more than the "black letter" law.

I think people study it either because 1) they did well in school so they were channeled into law/med/engineering or 2) they think it looks glamorous (watched too many movies) or 3) see it as a good 'door opener' for other things.
there is a 4th - they have a genuine passion for law and its their dream job (<1% i reckon)

Its also a right brain/left brain thing. There are a lot of people who are good at english out there. Their job options are (1) teacher (2) lawyer. Thats about it.

Its also a right brain/left brain thing. There are a lot of people who are good at english out there. Their job options are (1) teacher (2) lawyer. Thats about it.

Policy and Compliance...i wish i had realised that law would've been a good fit for me years ago.

Youth Worker. Pretty much over it. A lot of work, stress, shit and responsibility for very little reward and the pay is fucking woeful.

I do have a degree in Accounting and Finance.

Looking for a new job now. Sizing up some community development work for a council or some Consultancy positions. Both hard to get into though.

Keeping my eye open for pretty much anything else as well. Just want better money and something of interest.

work- imports / dont mind it always want more $$$

Study.. thinking of doing a naturopath course or going back to my psychology degree.

Youth Worker. Pretty much over it. A lot of work, stress, shit and responsibility for very little reward and the pay is fucking woeful.

I do the same for kids in care. Been doing it for a year now. Took me 5 months to establish a rapport with one particular kid. I'm stick of the abuse i get. And not to mention the sleep overs. The self harming attention seeking behavior and the endless time spending at the hospital.

But then I thrive on the adrenaline. It's a love hate thing but it's not forever.

was working at rays outdoors and a kitchen.. i hate the kitchen, retail was easy but boring.

Doing a work and travel year in Germany, currently looking for a job.

Will study physiotherapy or radiography next year.

Love my job. It's easy, pays well & I take a hour and a half for lunch and go down stairs to the free gym. That's a tick in every box.

A couple of things in life I don't understand, but the biggest one is this:

Why the hell someone would waste their life away, doing something they hate?

Find something you love, do it well, and never "work" another day in your life.