• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you enjoy your occupation?

Im a joiner by trade, done it for about 8-9 years now. Quit my job before chrissie, and I doubt I'll go back to it full time. I enjoy it as a hobby, but not so much as a job.

I now do landcare work as a supervisor. Pay is ok, fantastic views all day very day, have a work ute, and best of all it's easy as piss.

I'm also doing nightfill in the local supermarket.

Im also almost finished my Cert 3&4 in fitness, which means I can get insurance, and that means I can get my gym off the ground.

Within the next 6-12 months I want to work part time with landcare, and have my gym open from like 3-9pm. Hopefully as the gym gets popular, I can make the switch to doing that. I'm kinda hopeing it takes no more than 3-5 years for it to get to a size where I can earn a decent wage just from the gym.

I do enjoy my Job.

IT Support at a Ski Resort. Definitely has its perks during winter :D

No Courses, although I should brush up on some of my certs..

Work at an ISP.

Sucks balls but its probably the easiest money you can get.

Sit in a chair all day surfing the net getting paid... Gets really boring by about wednesday though after youve looked at everything you can think of...

Hoping to get into the Police this year. Something active and interesting...

Work at Mcdonalds, boring and repetitive as all fuck.
Student studying journalism, some subjects are fun, would love to write for a fishing/sport magazine.

Wish life was as easy as getting paid for lifting weights. That'd be the life.

Im a joiner by trade, done it for about 8-9 years now. Quit my job before chrissie, and I doubt I'll go back to it full time. I enjoy it as a hobby, but not so much as a job.

I now do landcare work as a supervisor. Pay is ok, fantastic views all day very day, have a work ute, and best of all it's easy as piss.

I'm also doing nightfill in the local supermarket.

Im also almost finished my Cert 3&4 in fitness, which means I can get insurance, and that means I can get my gym off the ground.

Within the next 6-12 months I want to work part time with landcare, and have my gym open from like 3-9pm. Hopefully as the gym gets popular, I can make the switch to doing that. I'm kinda hopeing it takes no more than 3-5 years for it to get to a size where I can earn a decent wage just from the gym.

Thats so cool man. Not many people follow there dreams. I hope it all works out for you! :)

Work at an ISP.

Sucks balls but its probably the easiest money you can get.

Sit in a chair all day surfing the net getting paid... Gets really boring by about wednesday though after youve looked at everything you can think of...

Hoping to get into the Police this year. Something active and interesting...

Woof

Getting to the point where I'm not enjoying work much anymore, running a business.
There are good days and bad, and there are only some days I really hate, but being a little flexible is good too.
Been doing this just over 5 years now, and it always seems that I need a change every few years or so, to keep me interested.
Doing property development on the side too, so that keeps me going and gives me something to look forward to.

It's a little like weight training, which I don't really enjoy that much, but do it for the growth and achievement.

The thing I love about "work" is the skills learned and personal development achieved by doing, the money earned is a side effect.

Generally, the more valuable you become, the more you can earn, if you want to.
This is the attitude I take towards "work" and it's done very well for me.

I work for the local council as a delivery driver and storeman. I get paid shit and all my coworkers are depressing old fucks but its only a stop-gap thank christ, we've been able to buy our first home and I'm heading back to uni (at 30) to study law this year.

Yep, I love it. Training people is heaps of fun, really rewarding. It's amazing the trust people put in you, and the things they can do with encouragement.

Of course the income is overall pretty crap, but you can't have everything :)

, we've been able to buy our first home and I'm heading back to uni (at 30) to study law this year.
This is the way to do law (unless your rich with connections etc). I was way too immature at 18 to start law. I'm just 'coming good' now at 23.
You will have some good security (money) and attitude to do well. I have a couple of mates who started as 30yr olds, both have done really well.

I work in I.T. Support and am pretty much over it. Pay isn't too bad for now, but on the path of a career change.
Looking forward to enjoying a new career much more very soon :)

Last edited:
I work for the local council as a delivery driver and storeman. I get paid shit and all my coworkers are depressing old fucks but its only a stop-gap thank christ, we've been able to buy our first home and I'm heading back to uni (at 30) to study law this year.
Good luck with uni mate, my partner and I decided at 30 enough is enough, we both have 30+ years of working ahead of us, quit our decent paying jobs, both got jobs with suitable hours and enrolled in uni.

work: glass bender (factory work) its not too bad. pay is good and hours are good, no weekends. i enjoy the physical work.

uni- exercise sports science. second year this year. really enjoying it. not sure what to do after but all is well.

work: glass bender (factory work) its not too bad. pay is good and hours are good, no weekends. i enjoy the physical work.

uni- exercise sports science. second year this year. really enjoying it. not sure what to do after but all is well.

Thought this would be interesting to study, what course you doing?