• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New bars at PTC

PTC

I didnt want to hyjack the other thread I started, so I've started a new one.

Today I picked up a Pendlay bushing bar and an Ironedge $180 bar.

The Pendlay bar has a very nice finish. It looks the goods, we'll see how it goes

The Ironedge bar looks identical to the Gym Direct bar, same supplier I'd guess.

I'll post back in a week and report anything I find.

if you have any questions or want me to try something, post up.

I have 10 bars. I use certain bars on certain racks. Clearly I use the strongest bars where the strongest lifters lift.

1 x Zhang Kong is on the platform
3 x ABC Powerbars on the squat racks
1 x GD bar on power rack
1 x GD bar on squat rack
1 x IE bar on bench press
1 x no name bar on bench press
1 x Pendlay bar on deadlifts
1 x ABC ladies bar on platform

I have 10 bars. I use certain bars on certain racks. Clearly I use the strongest bars where the strongest lifters lift.

1 x Zhang Kong is on the platform
3 x ABC Powerbars on the squat racks
1 x GD bar on power rack
1 x GD bar on squat rack
1 x IE bar on bench press
1 x no name bar on bench press
1 x Pendlay bar on deadlifts
1 x ABC ladies bar on platform
a ladies bar, how do they differ?

15kg, 6'6", the length is taken out of the sleeve, collar to collar is the same, so it fits on any rack.

Diameter is only 27mm

Its a needle bearing OL bar, over $500

Armando had a play with the Pendlay bar tonight. He was very impressed. Being an International Level Olympic lifter, I guess he's used a few bars.

He thought this bar felt very good. Funnily, he prefers bush bearing to needle bearing, he claims to have more control with the bush bearings.

Armando had a play with the Pendlay bar tonight. He was very impressed. Being an International Level Olympic lifter, I guess he's used a few bars.

He thought this bar felt very good. Funnily, he prefers bush bearing to needle bearing, he claims to have more control with the bush bearings.

Markos, did a bit of searching and found some posts by Glenn Pendlay himself about the bar. Apparently the bushing bar is a bit of a hybrid bar. Not quite as flexible as a true oly bar. He said it was a good all purpose bar for someone doing the powerlifts who also likes to powerclean regularly.

He also said that they have tested it with a few 900lb squats.

a ladies bar, how do they differ?

Men’s bar Specifications
Weight 20 kg
Length 2200 mm
Grip 28 mm
Sleeves 50 mm
Women’s bar Specifications
Weight 15 kg
Length 2010 mm
Grip 25 mm
Sleeves 50 mm

PS: Just incase you check The QLD Weightlifting Association website, they have some information re the women's bar which I find to be wrong:
the diameter of the bar: 20mm, (that is wrong, the correct answer is 25mm).

Fadi.

Last edited:
My gym.
It will be used for lots of exercises, but in PL, the rings are 81cm. It would be nice to have all the bars the same.
My abc bar is 81cm. I might just order a few more of those.

My gym.
It will be used for lots of exercises, but in PL, the rings are 81cm. It would be nice to have all the bars the same.

Yeah it's Olympic measurements also doesn't have a centre knurling.

I use mine for powercleans and deads, love it. Knurling is great, heaps of grip. Would never use it in a power rack tho, its too nice.

My gym.
Mate whats the latest news on your gym?

Sticky is it a pendaly bar at jeffs????? that we used for teh qld comp, with rings every 5cm...

That bar has a really nice feel to it.