• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New bars at PTC

arrhhh the touch of quality lol.. was it twice as good as an abc bar, hmmm.

thanks scott

Last edited:
Olympic rings are 200mm in from the sleeve

Power rings are 250mm in from sleeve

My Pendlay and Zhang Kong bars are OL

My ABC bars are power bars

The cheaper bars arent nearly as precise, so I stick em in power racks

Regarding deadlifting and cleaning bars for the home gym, whats the recomendation for someone looking for high knurling and tensile quality without getting to crazy with price?

I currently own an ABC powerbar, for those more experienced then me would there be any more advantage in comfort with an Oly bar?

IMO, you dont need multiple bars or even expensive bars if your not an elite lifter. Markos and gyms need multiple bars anyway so I understand they can have a variety, but for home, just make sure the bar can hold the weight you intend to use it for. At home I have two Pendlay Nexgen OL bars. We use them on all lifts, and they are great. Every now and then I bring out the Iron Edge cheapie (bent after 4 weeks use), to remind me how nice the Pendlays are.