• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Boxing Gyms - opinions?

tat maytals

Which Gym in sydney do people think is the best?

I'm looking to have a go more for fitness to assist the training and drop a couple extra kgs. But with the desire to maybe fight a little down the track if I can show that I have it in me.

So I don't want this bullshit "boxercise" crap. I want a proper boxing gym with proper trainers that teach you how to box for real.

Looking at Grechy's or Strong Arm right now, but don't really know enough about others, so looking for input from some more experienced heads.

Best is very subjective. Just try each one and see what you like best.

LOL, what's wrong with Boxercise.?

Good point shrek. I should be more specific to help define best for my current needs. A gym that is open and welcome of beginners wanting to learn, where they take time to actually teach you different foot work, stances, guards and other aspects that make up technique. But one that is also a bit no-frills. A place encouraging of fighters and their growth and development.

Boxercise is to boxing what pump class is to weight lifting

Then you seem to need a trainer to teach you these things. Ask around and see who will take the time to show you.

P.S - I know what Boxercise is. LMAO

Lol, isnt that what I'm doing?

Boxercise absolutely kills me. In the sense that its ridiculous and should not exist.
It's like getting someone to play sega rally and giving them the idea that because there is a steering wheel and acc. Pedal it's pretty much the real thing...

I dont know about sydney but tuffnup at newcastle (where i train) has a good rep, quite a few pros train there.

Something else i found was that a lot of smaller gyms that focus on competition dont tend to advertise. Ask around.

Lol, isnt that what I'm doing?

Boxercise absolutely kills me. In the sense that its ridiculous and should not exist.
It's like getting someone to play sega rally and giving them the idea that because there is a steering wheel and acc. Pedal it's pretty much the real thing...
I meant ask around in the gyms. hard to show you techniques on a forum.:confused::confused:

Haha yeah I'm doing that too.

I'm not asking for technique here, but rather suggestions for and opinions of gyms.

Cheers shrek.

Book a one-on-one Amature session with each gym you are concidering. Once you find the vibe from the trainers, other members and surroundings that you agree with, then stay at that one. I love my boxing club. No stress, no worries, no B/S.. Just boxing and plenty of laughs.

Once you book for an Amature session, they will determin your skill level and fitness level, usually in the 1st training session. Go with an open mind to every session. Dont listen to the glam stories from the trainers and boxers there, You are there for your own self gains. Make your money count in every training session and approach evey trainer with the notion that they have a new mould to make. They love it.

Last edited: