• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

242.5kf x3 behind the neck jerk

TGM

[YOUTUBE]MI8pXWTHxYE[/YOUTUBE]

The latest video from Mr. Koklyaev, very impressive.

And we may as well share some more good presses/jerks/push press/etc, post them if you've got them:

[YOUTUBE]3nJrYPVJ88M[/YOUTUBE]

Very impressive, is that 228kg clean and press the heaviest ever done?

If my memory serves me right Vasily Alexeev did 230kg about 5mins after this video.

It was a big controversey, But I still maintain that Vasily used leg drive(just my opinion) . I think judging difficulties was the major reason the press was discontined in OL

Not your opinion, fact, the video is on Youtube, its a clear push press.

Serge Reding is one of the most heavily muscled men to walk the planet.

i first posted that video on ns.com a few years ago, blew everyones mind back then as well.

The Clean and Press record for the super-heavyweights finished at 236.5kg when it was removed from OL competition in 1972 and was held by Alekseyev. At the same meet he set the Clean and Jerk record at 237.5kg....... that's right, just 1kg heavier.

Bigger guys had developed press techniques that enabled very large results (heavier weight classes had closer ratios of press to jerk). I think you can decide for yourself how much donkey-kicking knee-bend/back-bend/lay-back there is for a lifter to 'press' within 1kg of his jerk.

Ridiculously hard to judge, its a good thing they took it out of competition and I wish people understood this better than the baloney about it being taken out because of back injuries.