• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Does anyone bring in Frozen veggies to work and cook them in the microwave?

kindred

Does anyone bring in Frozen veggies to work and cook them in the microwave?

Ive been thinking of doing this so i can clean my diet up even more. Veggies are good.

Any comments. Do the frozen veggies last long before they thaw out? Do you zap them anyway once thawed? Have you or anyone else you know who have done this died of bacterial infections? Whats it like being a ghost? Do you get ectoplasm on your veggies when microwaving them? What does it do to the taste... so ive gone off track VEGGIES + MICROWAVE + WORK good bad anything I should know?

yep.
frozen bag of corn/peas/carrots.
in to plastic container, lid on but not locked
3.5min on high
don't burn your face on the steam.

keep bag in the freezer at work.

wait for all the "plastic causes cancer" and "frozen veggies are not as good as home grown in special halal soil and watered with mist spray bottle every few hours" people to chime in.

I was going to say something about platic. Do you think its ok to store food in plastic if its not hot or very liquad? I plan to use a glass container to heat the food.

yep.. super easy

or just boil vegies the night before and heat up.. or ptu raw vegies in container put in some water and microwave away to cook them

i do it... i take 2 too work most days.. one at smoko, and one at lunch...

Super easy, and very tasty.. Microwaving them may not make them as healthy, but still good

I always have a couple of KGs inthe work freezer of brocoli, beans, carrots, peas and corn incase im feeling lazy and dont bring any fresh veg or brown rice.

I dont thaw the pricks out I just put boiling water over them and into the micorwave in a bowl for 2 mins... chuck in my tuna some cracked black pepper and a heaps of salt and nom nom nom

I bang mine in the microwave the night before to cook em, chuck em in a bowl and mix in my chicken in the morning, to eat at smoko and lunch. Taste great!

i just bring raw veggies... capsicum, broccoli, mushroom, baby okra, beans.. they taste good in raw state when u add spice / sauce..

I buy the bags of frozen vegies, set up my meals in the frige for 2 days, and the veges usually thaw enough that 2 minutes in the microwave to heat up the meat, does the veges also nicely.

Ok so your all still alive and seem happy with the quality so i think im going to go for it, cheers.

Sounds like a good idea. I might start doing that instead of wasting my money at subway. I especially like the idea of mixing in some tuna.

I've been using these:

Vegies: 1x200g
Woolworths Select Steam Fresh Baby Beans Carrots And Broccoli 1k ($5.90)
(5 steamer bags per packet)

4 Beans Mix 1 x 125g tin

Tuna / Chicken 85g or 185g Tin

Heat, mix and eat.

Although I am contemplating getting some sauces to use with it

I recently found at woolies, Heniz 'High fibre mix' which is strips of yellow and orange carrot with green soybeans aka 'Edamame'. I absolutely love the stuff and I'm fairly certain green soy beans have a great ratio of protein as far as vegies go.

Good to be back silverback, ive been in the uk trying to earn some money lol.

Boxing pay's alot more in europe and usa

I also do this. I buy the Birds Eyes 200g steamer packets. 3min in the Microwave. Nice and easy and it still tastes good