• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

n00bs hCG diet...

Any reason you won't be doing some low volume heavy lifting a couple of times a week? I think that would help with the muscle loss. I know your calories are really low and you wouldn't want to do anything, but still, I think it would be a good idea.

I'm still not quite sure what exactly hCG does. Other than suppressing appetite? People report great success with losing lots of weight using the "hCG diet" but given the diet includes eating 500 calories per day, I'm not surprised. In my quick look I also saw a number of reports of people complaining about muscle loss. Although on BB.com I did see a guy who said he gained strength on the diet.

The thing is, most of the people who do this diet and have "success" don't seem to be lifters, but average joes, who don't care about/don't realise muscle loss. But some of those that measured their BF percentage seemed to see it increase even as their weight went down. However, their methods of measurement probably weren't very good - using those scales that give you BF and shit like that. Although there might be more lifters that had success with it, I only had a quick look.

I'm sure you've done your research, much more than I did with that quick look. However, I think that even if you want to lose weight quickly, there are better ways to do it, such as RFL/PSMF. But you've probably made your mind up.

Good luck anyway.

My common sense tells me that upping the calories, getting more protein in and doing some weight training would get a better result but I must be missing something.

im currently doing this diet... and yes it seems extreme to do... but the hcg allows your body to use the stored fat as energy rather than you needing to injest the calories which your body is going to store anyway...

i dont know whether it effects your muscle mass but it is advised to not do strenuous activity during the low calorie phase as it will cause water retention as you are not consuming enough protein to repair the muscle damage thus causing your muscles to deteriorate....

i have been doing this for 17days and have lost 6kg... some days yeah i feel like i want to just stay in bed all day and not move but mostly i'm pretty active going for long walks and just going...

i know the overall opinion on this forum is to disagree as its not eating as much as you can and training as hard as you can.. but i highly doubt that he will lose all accomplishments in the space on 5 weeks... he can only try....

anyway... some may see this as an easy way out and a stupid idea.. but no one is asking YOU to do it... he isnt going to pass out or starve and he isnt going to go on a murdering spree.. thats my 2cents..

Mrsn00bs...

i have no idea about the diet, or steroids, so my 2c is just merely to say that ill be watching with great interest, see what happens in terms of muscle gain/loss, fat gain/loss and so on...

What will your diet be, to amount to 500 calories?

And, you put on 4kg in the last 3 days, as you were 106kg on 6th Feb according to your journal.

diet consists of:

100gram protein twice a day
ONE type of vegetable for each meal (so twice a day). the vefetables can be quite a large serve as most of them are water based. and the vegetables are very specific.
2 pieces of fruit
2 grissini sticks

fruit is not to be eaten at the same time and neither is grissini...

one meal (normally breakfast) a day can always be a piece of fruit and a grissini.. otherwise it says to have a herbal/tea/coffee as the the 'meal'

drink at least 2 litres of fluid a day... no soft drinks or alcohol...

yeah i did put on 4kg.. been eating like a mofo for the last few days as training really hard.

i have been doing this for 17days and have lost 6kg... some days yeah i feel like i want to just stay in bed all day and not move but mostly i'm pretty active going for long walks and just going....

Huh? You already started it??

So it's 100g protein for the whole day right?
Just broken down into 2 portions?

Last edited:
Dude why dont you just try a normal diet or something simpler like the warrior diet? (I wouldnt advocate it for most people but you really need to make things more simple).

Despite the scare tactics of most people on this forum I cant see why you cant come down to 85kg with bigger lifts and arms than where you started. Not lifting at all however with that kind of calorie intake is just asking for trouble.

Christian you always jump between extremes. Its either lifting 5 days a week or not at all, or a bulk with nutella and cocopops or eating 500 calories a week. If I were you I'd just do this:

- Lift x3 a week doing PPP and 2 assistance lifts. On 2 of your off days either sprint or do kettlebell work
- Pick a reasonable diet - either warrior, ud2 or a diet where youre getting 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight and minimizing carbs and stick to it
- Get your celltech sorted when you can

There is a middle ground.

agree with that^

I know your mind is already made up, but I just don't see the need for extreme diets. also I thought L-glutamine was bunk :confused:

Will be an interesting log anyways :)

but if you randomly change your mind..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyS7lYhNGXA]YouTube - 10 weeks[/ame]

i have no idea about the diet, or steroids, so my 2c is just merely to say that ill be watching with great interest, see what happens in terms of muscle gain/loss, fat gain/loss and so on...

my thoughts exactly.

if anything, im glad n00bs is doing it so i can see what happens.

will be watching with interest

Why dont u want to lift though? I always see lifting as something I enjoy and do it because I enjoy it and wouldnt take a month off just to diet...

Because im a fat ****...

Actually i am having problems with my forearms and wrists. Almost constant pain sometimes worse sometimes not so bad it is very strange... I had alot of trouble today with bench and deads because of it. Going to see someone tomorrow for it.

Are you seeing the doctor of harden the fuck up?

lol jk mate!

I am keen to see the results honestly.

Lets look at things realisticly..

Its 30days.. I drop in and out of trianing all the time its no different to then excpet ill be losing fat..

I will be taking L-glutamine. Yes it is 500 calories but i am not trianing...

Say i have 80kg lean muscle mass.. (for arguments sake) how much protein will that lean muscle mass need just to sit there? My body will be breaking itself down to use fat for energy there is other structual components of the cells that will be recycled and used.

I dont see it being that big a problem...

hormones and metabolism wont drop.. So whats going to happen? My body is going to munch through fat for energy...

Its 30days. Thats all...

Current 1rms

Squat 205
Bench 135
Dead 240

Will retest in 40 days...

011kf.jpg

012jwl.jpg

FSTFU if you dont like my jocks!!