• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Can't move up in my squat weight!!!

Mickdog

I'm about to snap. I have been at the same weight for a while now and even though my form is great I can't seem to get my 3 sets of 5 out. Does this happen to everyone? Real bad day at the gym today

Yeah as Noobs says, have a go a 20 reppers for a while, I did this a while ago for a month or so, was hard but a nice change of pace.

You're fucking about doing 100 burpees, complexes and sprints every other day of the week. How much weight have you put on in the 2+ months?

Yeah as Noobs says, have a go a 20 reppers for a while, I did this a while ago for a month or so, was hard but a nice change of pace.

Thanks both of you. Was thinking of tinkering with the program a bit. Had an idea of doing Monday 1 set of 30, Wednesday 2 sets of 10 and Friday 3 sets of 5 to mix things up a bit.

Might help and i'll give it a go if I don't progress in the next 5 sessions

You're fucking about doing 100 burpees, complexes and sprints every other day of the week. How much weight have you put on in the 2+ months?

Not looking to put on weight. Looking to lose it if anything. Concentrating on strength and weight loss

You need to look at where you are failing. How long have you been at the weight for? Is it when you come out of the hole? Are you leaning forward to much, putting pressure on the quads, instead of pushing the weight with your heels and hips? You need to find the weak point and attack it. Are your other lifts going up? Its rare that all three will progress evenly, due to fatigue and growth.

doing_it_wrong_2.jpg

Cmon TTT, that doesn't help the guy.

After reading your journal, and all the love I have for rip, I don't think he has you doing enough volume. You are doing 10 reps for squats, and that's it. That would barely tickle your dick. You need something with some more volume, because you are trying to teach your body and mind to coordinate the lifts and get stronger, not neccessarily through muscle growth but neurological growth. PTC's program would have you doing 30 reps, which is 90 per week. Even at lower weight it would be much more beneficial than 10 reps per workout at a weight you are struggling at.

just restart at 65. do 5x5 until you get to 75 and then go back to 3x5. its that easy.

You need to look at where you are failing. How long have you been at the weight for? Is it when you come out of the hole? Are you leaning forward to much, putting pressure on the quads, instead of pushing the weight with your heels and hips? You need to find the weak point and attack it. Are your other lifts going up? Its rare that all three will progress evenly, due to fatigue and growth.

All other weights are going up well. Leaning too far forward could be an issue but then I find i'm very upright and I didn't think that was great form.

After reading your journal, and all the love I have for rip, I don't think he has you doing enough volume. You are doing 10 reps for squats, and that's it. That would barely tickle your dick. You need something with some more volume, because you are trying to teach your body and mind to coordinate the lifts and get stronger, not neccessarily through muscle growth but neurological growth. PTC's program would have you doing 30 reps, which is 90 per week. Even at lower weight it would be much more beneficial than 10 reps per workout at a weight you are struggling at.

I'm actually doing 5 x 3 or trying to

my pic doesn't help directly... but it does say a message which I thought was obvious.

Assume you are doings SS novice program (squat 3 times a week increase each session etc).
So I would also assume you are eating 5000 cal each day and downing 4L of whole Milk?

but I know you're not.
you are trying to lose "fat" and not gain any weight, but wanting to gain strength.

have you come across RIPs quote of YNDTFP?

Look. If you keep failing (which you will if you don't make a change) then you are just going to want to give up.

Also, Rip has a suggestion of what to do if you fail on a session twice... just follow it.

so.. doing RIPS novice program without enough food and trying to look ripped and be strong at the same time = my picture.

Are you kidding? That was funny as fuck. I just scrolled down and BAM that was there. Nearly choked on my burged.

It helps the guy relax, thus lowers cortisol with which has an inverse relationship with testosterone, thus making him hyooooge.

I'm actually doing 5 x 3 or trying to
Thats only 5 more reps than before. 30 would be double. 5 x 3 or whatever is good when you have worked up to it for a 5 x 3 max, but when it is all you do week in week out, it isn't enough.

Like I said in another thread, the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Either reset or squat more.