• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The Biggest Loser - 2011

Hirdy

Who's gonna be watching this? I'm looking forward to watching this season after not paying attention really since the first 2 seasons.

This year there are 4 groups of 4 family members, and the 1st episode on Sunday they had the trainers get assigned a group and live AND EAT with them for a week.

Holy crap these people eat crap. And lots of it. Basically sugar and fat and no nutrients. Whole tubs of icecream for dessert. The trainers would talk to the camera before bed and it looked like something out of The Blair Witch Project they were so in fear of what they would have to eat the next day.

What got me was 2 things. I realise a lot of people are in denial about how many calories they eat or they don't realise what so called "healthy options" actually contain, but these people had no idea. I mean, if I eat maccas or have a parma and chips with a few schooners I KNOW I'VE EATEN CRAP FOOD, that it's not sustainable and will make me fat if I eat like that and I don't work out every day.

Secondly, I was amazed at how much the trainers struggled to eat the crap food. I understand how the volume could be tricky, but a hot dog shouldn't make you throw up, and a parma and chips or some garlic bread shouldn't have you dehydrated and cramping...

Anyway, what did everyone else think?

I fucken hate that show with a passion.

Journey journey journey, cry cry cry, personal growth personal growth.

Just my opinion though.

Who's gonna be watching this? I'm looking forward to watching this season after not paying attention really since the first 2 seasons.

This year there are 4 groups of 4 family members, and the 1st episode on Sunday they had the trainers get assigned a group and live AND EAT with them for a week.

Holy crap these people eat crap. And lots of it. Basically sugar and fat and no nutrients. Whole tubs of icecream for dessert. The trainers would talk to the camera before bed and it looked like something out of The Blair Witch Project they were so in fear of what they would have to eat the next day.

What got me was 2 things. I realise a lot of people are in denial about how many calories they eat or they don't realise what so called "healthy options" actually contain, but these people had no idea. I mean, if I eat maccas or have a parma and chips with a few schooners I KNOW I'VE EATEN CRAP FOOD, that it's not sustainable and will make me fat if I eat like that and I don't work out every day.

Secondly, I was amazed at how much the trainers struggled to eat the crap food. I understand how the volume could be tricky, but a hot dog shouldn't make you throw up, and a parma and chips or some garlic bread shouldn't have you dehydrated and cramping...

Anyway, what did everyone else think?

I believe that bit was put on (except maybe for the chick bit) those blokes odnt eat clean all the time... They hit gear and run cycles naturally.

I fucken hate that show with a passion.

Journey journey journey, cry cry cry, personal growth personal growth.

Just my opinion though.

I love watching fat people be made to exercise and suffer for their sins. Makes me feel like there is some good in the world. :)

FWIW I'm not big on the whole 'journey' thing either....

It is in general truly a shitful show, and like steroids, does much harm to the cause of health and fitness for the general population.

But I'm watching the first episode to see the self-righteous judgmental macrobiotic coeliac chlorophyll drinking wanker trainers scarf down utter crap. Because THAT is funny shit :D

I question the fitness of anyone who can't stomach a feed from macca's. They claim to be so mentally strong they can push through pain barriers but hurl when they have to eat a hotdog?

Seriously, HTFU!!

I know one of the familys. I worked with the father,
I think they got booted off first...LOL

After years of dedication and training I'd hurl after eating macas. I got dared to eat 2 cheese burgers n felt sick.

Ps. I love this show also. To feel one persons pain and success is truly amazing

I didnt even know it was on till I by mistake came across it on the other night - they normally pimp the shit out of it...did I miss something lol.

I really like the show. There are parts that are dangerous, like having a 170kg man run 50 meters. That's a damn lot of stress on his knee and ankle joints.

Remember boys, that the mainstream community want an easier option. They don't want to, or need to be strong or lighting fast. They need to eat better and move more.

You should be proud that people put themselves on the line, made themselves vaunrable, went on TV where they'd be discussed and talked about. The jokes on you. They lost weight!!!

The problem most obese people have other than laziness in my opinion is 1) they have no idea about nutrition and 2) Their eating habits (frequency/volume) is farking ridiculous.

I think this show does well in educating the general public in the above 2 issues.

I really like the show. There are parts that are dangerous, like having a 170kg man run 50 meters. That's a damn lot of stress on his knee and ankle joints.

Remember boys, that the mainstream community want an easier option. They don't want to, or need to be strong or lighting fast. They need to eat better and move more.

You should be proud that people put themselves on the line, made themselves vaunrable, went on TV where they'd be discussed and talked about. The jokes on you. They lost weight!!!

The jokes on them - they got fat and unhealthy, then went on a tv show and made themselves vulnerable - whereupon I ridiculed them.

Then the majority put back on some or all of the weight they lost, because they never really committed to it by taking responsibility and changing their lives themselves.

I don't expect all people to be fast or strong or ripped, i'd just like them to be responsible members of our society and take care of their health, so i don't have to pay higher taxes to look after them and keep them on medication, and then nurse them while they die of avoidable diseases.

Whether we think it inspiring or farcical....
It's a TV show, nothing more, nothing less, as with everything on TV it's not real.

Whether we think it inspiring or farcical....
It's a TV show, nothing more, nothing less, as with everything on TV it's not real.

This is a sobering point. Seriously, how can someone lose 20kg in a week unless it's just fluid? Or one hell of a colonic :p

I wouldn't be surprised too if 1 week on the show took 3 weeks to film etc. Im sure there are all sorts of hormones/diuretics/other drugs that can speed up weight loss too that the networks wouldn't baulk at using.

This is a sobering point. Seriously, how can someone lose 20kg in a week unless it's just fluid? Or one hell of a colonic :p

I wouldn't be surprised too if 1 week on the show took 3 weeks to film etc. Im sure there are all sorts of hormones/diuretics/other drugs that can speed up weight loss too that the networks wouldn't baulk at using.

One of my good friends was on the show two or three seasons ago.

You're absolutely right about the time manipulation - it takes 2 weeks to film 1 week of the show.

Incidentally she's since put back on all the weight she lost, plus a bit more.

One of my good friends was on the show two or three seasons ago.

You're absolutely right about the time manipulation - it takes 2 weeks to film 1 week of the show.

Incidentally she's since put back on all the weight she lost, plus a bit more.
Was it the blonde girl who was on with her dad? They run a tire shop down the coast, right?