• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tinned Tuna

Drak

What is your favourite tuna ?

Just tried Tuna for the 1st time John west tuna in springwater.

What other flavours or tuna products are good in can form ? makes it easy then for a work meal.

Do you eat crackers with it or just by itself ?

Just trying to organise a meal plan.

Thanks

'Sirena' tuna for me is the best tasting by a mile. Its also the most expensive so I buy up big when its on special. I like the tuna in oil and i just splash in some tobasco sauce and eat it out with a fork.

I have always been a Greenseas man but on the advice of a bloke at work tried a 185g tin of Sole Mare in olive oil instead of two eggs for breakfast earlier this week. Very nice tuna, now I just have to wait for it to come on special. Will try Sirena too as he also recommended that. Shame we just bought about 40 tins of the ol' Greenseas!

*edit*

I've never been a fan of John West by the way, I prefer the chunkiness of the Greenseas, plus it's usually cheaper

John West is undoubtedly the best, no question, you can tell the quality difference immediately.
The small tins of Hot Chilli flavour are awesome.
Buy it when on special like 5 cans for $5, etc.

Another good one is the medium tins of Sole Mare, orange and blue tin.
It's tuna premixed with beans, which is a great protein/carb combo.
27g Pro, 27g Carbs and 8g fat per can.

To save cash i buy those 512g extra large woolies tins (drained weight is approx 360g).

sweet thanks for the replies, will try a few brands, olive oil looks a hit so will try it as well.

keen to try this serena one now.

I usually get whatever is $1 a can for a little one :p

Or seakist 500g specials and mix with 4 beans mix and salsa. (seakist isn't as good as some others though but usually cheap)

Sole Mare by far is the best I have tried. Benno, the small cans are on sale for $1.45 a can at coles.

I tried the coles brand this morning wasn't nice at all...

Mix in some chopped coriander and vietnamese mint to your salmon or tuna to reduce the smell.

If I'm eating tinned fish I prefer salmon, I like chewing on the bones.

Sole Mare by far is the best I have tried. Benno, the small cans are on sale for $1.45 a can at coles.

I tried the coles brand this morning wasn't nice at all...

Sole Mare 185gm cans for $1.67 each in slab of 24

Best tasting tuna around