• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tinned Tuna

I buy the blue tinned 425g coles brand tuna. it's one of the cheapest, is in olive oil, and has 27g protein / 100g, which is the highest I saw when comparing to the other brands on the shelf. not fucking bad at all for generic!

bought some 'tinned chicken' the other week, woolies brand in light mayo. Tastes better then tinned tuna, think it might be cheaper too and has more protein.

also tried the chop chop brand in light mayo, tasted the same as the woolies one. think it was $2.30 for a 160g can, around 34-36g protein

Was not aware that Woolies does a copy of Chop Chop.

I think the little tins of Heinz brand (Smoke flavour) taste much better than Chop Chop, but expensive.
I bought about 100 cans when it was on special, but still have many left over, as I'm eating my 100 cans of Chilli Tuna first.

The good thing is these little cans last forever and you can save them for when you're desperate.

Was not aware that Woolies does a copy of Chop Chop.

I think the little tins of Heinz brand (Smoke flavour) taste much better than Chop Chop, but expensive.
I bought about 100 cans when it was on special, but still have many left over, as I'm eating my 100 cans of Chilli Tuna first.

The good thing is these little cans last forever and you can save them for when you're desperate.

I like your style hulk... I buy my tuna by about $1000 a time.. nothing beat having a pallet of tuna haha

I buy the blue tinned 425g coles brand tuna. it's one of the cheapest, is in olive oil, and has 27g protein / 100g, which is the highest I saw when comparing to the other brands on the shelf. not fucking bad at all for generic!

double check it isnt olive and /soy /sunflower ect ...

double check it isnt olive and /soy /sunflower ect ...
This is what it is, good/bad?:

colesoliveoil.jpg

Hate that blended shit.

The Woolies Select brand is pure olive oil.
Are you commenting on the taste or something about the oil type? (not sure if oil type is important)

Anyway to me it's tuna, it all tastes like shit. The only thing that matters is how much protein is in it.

I know south of rottnest is producing bulk tuna, 10 kilo's or so fish. Hopefully be hitting it this weekend and have some tuna steaks for supper

Are you commenting on the taste or something about the oil type? (not sure if oil type is important)

Anyway to me it's tuna, it all tastes like shit. The only thing that matters is how much protein is in it.

I've never been a fan of tuna, easily take pink salmon over tuna, but have been eating more of it lately. Hot Chilli Sauce makes everything taste better!

ALDI 185 gram tins in springwater 89c, they do tuna in oil but its blended.

drain it add your own olive oil.

i'm extremely jewish when it comes to food.