• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cutting and Bulking diet examples please?

Do we want weight loss? Stop drinking you will loose water weight...

Do we want fat loss? That's a differed story.

Thank you for the CNN news article I'm sure body recompisition is his goal.

Yes. In addition: Twinkie diet helps nutrition professor lose 27 pounds - CNN.com

And other stuff like the Potato diet etc. Not that it's ideal for lollies to make up 75% of your diet, but as long as calories are in check, it works.

But it's not ideal, and you won't retain as much muscle as with a correctly balanced diet. If you want to bulk and train and cut for nothing then sweet, but I'd want to see some muscle mass retained. Not to mention heart and metabolic health.

You can eat 200 calories of food a day and lose fat. You will lose a lot of fat and a lot of muscle. Try it and see.

Eating 2000 calories of any type of food will also result in weight loss assuming your maintenance calories is over 2000.
Nah dude, your all mixed up.
Different types of food have different effects on the body that's what n00bs is trying to say.

2000 cals of lettuce will have a different effect than 2000 cals of milk or maccas.

Nah dude, your all mixed up.
Different types of food have different effects on the body that's what n00bs is trying to say.

2000 cals of lettuce will have a different effect than 2000 cals of milk or maccas.

But it will still result in weight loss, if it's under the maintenance calories.

Ok, yes, for us body composition is the goal, not just "weight" loss.

So the only difference is that we need plenty of protein, along with the calorie deficit. The non-protein calories can come from wherever, and the effect will be the same.

Calories and protein are the most important things, everything else, much, much less important.

But it's not ideal, and you won't retain as much muscle as with a correctly balanced diet. If you want to bulk and train and cut for nothing then sweet, but I'd want to see some muscle mass retained. Not to mention heart and metabolic health.

I never said it was ideal for health, it just works. If you get enough protein as well, it will work as well as any other diet for body composition.

Last edited:
Ok cool, go eat your maintainance calories at macdonalds or kfc and let me know how you feel after 3 months. Get your cholesterol tested before and after while your at it.

To Oli, pound for pound, bread has a higher fat count than rice. It also blocks you up nicely. :p

I'm not going to lol because it's unhealthy. But if I did, my bodycomp would be the same as long as I got sufficient protein.

All I said is it doesn't matter where the calories come from for body composition. Not for health lol.

I'm not going to lol because it's unhealthy. But if I did, my bodycomp would be the same as long as I got sufficient protein.

All I said is it doesn't matter where the calories come from for body composition. Not for health lol.

Mmm, even if if that was the truth, why? Other than proving a point, would you choose to be unhealthy and lean?
I wouldn't support it and I certainly wouldn't start threads encouraging normal people to persue it. I think its a bad outlook.
Even if it doesn't affect you now you'll see it in the future.

Mmm, even if if that was the truth, why? Other than proving a point, would you choose to be unhealthy and lean?
I wouldn't support it and I certainly wouldn't start threads encouraging normal people to persue it. I think its a bad outlook.
Even if it doesn't affect you now you'll see it in the future.

I'm not advising anyone to pursue a diet of junk and protein shakes. But if they want to have a pizza or piece of cake every now and then, I'm saying it won't hurt them if they account for the calories.

haha, leechy,

tried that calorieking site... This is my recommended diet..

My BMI says im overweight, fair call, but it also wants me somewhere between 67 and 88kg... this wont ever happen...

Calories 1901 cals
Kilojoules 7984.2Kjs
Carbs 233g
Fat 57g

Just found that a bit funny thats all... not being rude

You can eat 200 calories of food a day and lose fat. You will lose a lot of fat and a lot of muscle. Try it and see.

Eating 2000 calories of any type of food will also result in weight loss assuming your maintenance calories is over 2000.

Our primary goal should be fat loss and not weight loss. Plenty of people lose weight by simply reducing calories, its not rocket science, but if we want fat loss then the Macro nutrient make up is important. There are also other benefits of having carbs less than 20% on a diet.

Iron Addict:

"Calories are NOT calories. You can gain fat while being on an under maintenance caloric level by simply having your macro nutrient profiles screwed up. I read a very well conducted study recently where they took over 1500 people and put them on a diet that was 1000 calories below maintenance levels and the primary macro-nutrient was fructose. The vast majority of the people actually GAINED bodyfat while eating 1000 calories less than maintenance levels. The scale weight went down, and when they tested body composition they determined the people had lost a lot of muscle while actually storing more bodyfat. Without going into diet details as this is not what this article is for, the simple take home message is carbs are not your friend on a fat loss diet. That is not conjecture, just basic physiology."

haha, leechy,

My BMI says im overweight, fair call, but it also wants me somewhere between 67 and 88kg... this wont ever happen...

Calories 1901 cals
Kilojoules 7984.2Kjs
Carbs 233g
Fat 57g

Right, so if you're 90 someting kilos at 20% then a lean 88 sounds about right.

Once afuckinggain I'd like to thank ausbb.com for complicating nutrition.

As long as you're getting your calories/macros right on a regular basis it doesnt matter what you eat. If all you eat is mcdonalds then NO you're obviously not going to get your calories/macros right but if you're occasionally fudging them a little by eating junk food x2 a week its not going to mean shit in the long term.

Theoretically if someone makes their calories/macros entirely out of mcdonalds are they going to be healthy? no, their micronutrition will be fucked but nobody eats only mcdonalds, and if they do they have a rare psychological disorder that needs to be rectified.

Once afuckinggain I'd like to thank ausbb.com for complicating nutrition.

As long as you're getting your calories/macros right on a regular basis it doesnt matter what you eat. If all you eat is mcdonalds then NO you're obviously not going to get your calories/macros right but if you're occasionally fudging them a little by eating junk food x2 a week its not going to mean shit in the long term.

Theoretically if someone makes their calories/macros entirely out of mcdonalds are they going to be healthy? no, their micronutrition will be fucked but nobody eats only mcdonalds, and if they do they have a rare psychological disorder that needs to be rectified.

Macros? Please explain

Macro nutrients

Nutrients we need in large amounts..

haha, that's true. They're the three different components to any food : Protein / carbs / fats. The only other things are vitamins and minerals.
God don't anyone get all specific on me.

haha, that's true. They're the three different components to any food : Protein / carbs / fats. The only other things are vitamins and minerals.
God don't anyone get all specific on me.

I think to make it easy I'll just put my diet into calorie king every day and try to stay at 2000 calories using lean red meat, fish, chicken, Turkey, oats, multigrain bread and pasta, basmati rice and vegetables. That should ensure I stay healthy and lose some weight.

Today was an interresting day, I went over my target by a thousand calories from beer and junk food. But hey thats what Australia day is about:p

I think to make it easy I'll just put my diet into calorie king every day and try to stay at 2000 calories using lean red meat, fish, chicken, Turkey, oats, multigrain bread and pasta, basmati rice and vegetables. That should ensure I stay healthy and lose some weight.

Today was an interresting day, I went over my target by a thousand calories from beer and junk food. But hey thats what Australia day is about:p

Haha, true, the rum definitely did me in today.

If you stick with that diet mate you'll be lean and healthy. It's harder to construct something to meet a specific need, but lean and healthy is easy.

haha, leechy,

Calories 1901 cals
Kilojoules 7984.2Kjs
Carbs 233g
Fat 57g

If you read my post properly you would see that I said to google "maintainance calories" and use calorie king for your calories. I am also overweight according to my bmi, but the bmi is a fucked equation created by lazy doctors.