• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Capo qld 2011 state titles *update*

Lamy

HI EVERYONE,
I KNOW THIS IS VERY LATE NOTICE, BUT I NEED TO CHANGE THE QLD STATE TITLES TO SATURDAY MARCH 12TH, THIS IS DUE TO A NUMBER OF MATTERS RELATED TO THE RECENT FLOODS WE HAD HERE IN BRISBANE. I HOPE THIS DOESN'T CAUSE TOO MUCH DRAMA, ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT ME qld@capopowerlifting.com.au
THANK YOU

This is the date I wanted as well, its perfect timing out from Nats, but in Vic we have the Pro Bench on this day

Hope everything is getting back to normal after the floods Jeff

Queenslanders, get behind Jeff, this date is spot on for those wanting to qualify AND do well at Nats

Thanks for the support Markos! I think an extra week would help prep for the nats better.
@Skalatharx - most people work weekends mate, not just you, AND we all lift and compete. I've given you an extra week to arrange with your employer to have the weekend off, i'm sure that would be enough time.

Thanks for the support Markos! I think an extra week would help prep for the nats better.
@Skalatharx - most people work weekends mate, not just you, AND we all lift and compete. I've given you an extra week to arrange with your employer to have the weekend off, i'm sure that would be enough time.

yes but you have to understand Jeff Its not easy for every one to get leave, I work 12 hour shifts round the clock, can be either day or night with 4 people on each shift (8 every 24 hrs per site). Only 1 employee between our 2 work sites can have leave off at any given time otherwise we face a fine, we are just stretched at the moment. I applied for the leave in May when the 1st one was set, it was approved. I scraped the one in on for the other date but only just. For this one there is an employee on leave so no chance. Thats why I like to put leave in well in advance so I know I can have the time off.

I hope next year will be ok and the dates will be set in stone as I would realy like to compete.

dude i think moving the date due to matters in relation to the recent floods are way more important than you not being able to get the day off.

dude i think moving the date due to matters in relation to the recent floods are way more important than you not being able to get the day off.

We where hit a hell of allot harder then fkn Brisbane here, and yes I agree, its just annoying that it was changed in may to start with. The second date that was organised was during the floods, I was keeping an eye on the dates. Hey its their decision obviously and im not the only one that isnt comming down.

How but you just but out, it doesnt concern you

Hey Everyone,
Let's just be civil about all this, the date HAD to change due to unforseen circumstances, it's unfortunate it happened, but if if you can't compete in the states, then there will more comps later in the year for everyone to do.

Hope you faired ok with the floods man, west end looked pretty bad. I have slot of cleaning to do when i get home apparently.
The new date is great, I was hoping this would happen. When do enterys need to be in by? I have a few females that may compete.

I get back next week, so I'll pop down in a few weeks.
If you need a hand with anything just give me a yell, I'm always happy to help out.

Last edited:
Hey Mate, good to see you are back! Hope all is well with you, def drop in when you can, we start heavy bench again on Sat this weekend. Al's got a few surprises up his sleeve this year!

Woohoo, sounds like fun.
I benched over 1.5 x BW just before I left on holidays, so let's hope I can get it, and more in comp.
Can't wait to get back in the swing of things.
See you in 2-3 weeks :).

Big Skal, this is a long shot, but if your doing the States to qualify for Nats, I'm open to having a Nats qualifier after all the States are done, giving lifters a second chance.

If this suits you, let me know and I'll organize dates around lifters.

I really dont like seeing anyone missing out. I know it means traveling to Vic, just a thought.

This goes for ANYONE who for whatever reason needs to qualify for Nats, raw or equipped

That sounds like a good idea markos, I was probably going to miss out this year as well with capo, thats why I was looking at the OPO comps. Lets hope we can get the numbers to make this happen. Im sure Skal will be keen when he cools down lol

its at jeffs gym HEALTH WORKS - WEST END .. dont just spectate come and lift aswell. all levels from beginners to pros you will learn alot and meet some great guys.

its at jeffs gym HEALTH WORKS - WEST END .. dont just spectate come and lift aswell. all levels from beginners to pros you will learn alot and meet some great guys.
the state titles, on march 12th, are at west end health works?

Yes Lozzo, all Qld CAPO events are held at Healthworks West End, 33 Vulture St, West End. Feel free to come by and say g'day and check out the place.