• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you buy or bring lunch to work?

DKD

Private Dancer
I bring mine. I'm amazed at how many people buy theirs. From a budgeting perspective you could save some dosh bringing it and put the money to better use.

How about you?

i take mine to work... even when we go to site, i always take it...

i have 2 breaks a day, so a meal $10 or so... x2 breaks that at least $20 per day..

over a week thats $100

Grocery bill for lunch and smoko for a week = $55

i live at home, am saving for my first place, ring for the missus and a wedding, so every little bit counts for me... I dont see a need to spend an extra $45 + a week on food if i dont need too.

That is the correct answer Mr Labz. Do you want the Kelvinator freezer or will you come back next week to play again?

What are you going to buy that is decent? Subway? I leave buying it for a "cheat" day and usually try to keep it decent, with some sort of meat/salad/bread combo.

Can't beat some home made rissoles and veges. Tinned tuna and mayo, or a freshly cooked chicken. Fresh fruit and nuts.

i bring mine in 95% of the time, i cant afford $100+ a week on lunch and smoko plus whenever i do buy it theres only ever junk food on offer.

I take mine everyday, second brekky (heat it up in the morning before leaving the depot), smoko, shake, lunch. Im in a truck all day so I keep it in my bag with a frozen bottle of water to keep it cool. I cant believe the amount of cash some people blow on buying stuff from the chuck truck or wasting it on shit like Maccas.

Usually buy. Whilst the chicken is way cheaper than the deli the labour involved in defrosting/cooking/washing is a pain.

I cant believe the amount of cash some people blow on buying stuff from the chuck truck or wasting it on shit like Maccas.

tell me about it, i watch guys blow up to $50 a day on shit and they wonder why they are always broke.

a typical day for one bloke i work with:

pack of smokes - $13
maccas brekky - $8
lunch (maccas, HJ's or pie&sausage roll) $12
beer (up to a 6 pack) - $15

total - $48 a day

What's lunch?
Currently eating breakfast and dinner only.

If I ever eat anything during the day, it was previously bought at the supermarket.

yep, he wouldnt spend the full $48 each day but minimum would be smokes and lunch at at least $25 a day.

Maccas is a bargain. MrValue meals have 2 big macs, 2 cheese burgers, 4 small fries, a packet of nuggets, 2 large and 2 small cokes all for $19.95.

Yeah the burgers.... alright, but then the chips and drink make it bad.

I prefer the search chicken caesar warp (without the sauce). 397 calories and 30g protein, 15g fat, 31g carbs. Not perfect, but its fast food :)

Lots of sodium though, I normally go without the sauce because it tastes salty.