• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you buy or bring lunch to work?

The Mrs and I budget all our money together for bills etc and then give ourselves an equal amount of "play money" for whatever we want to blow cash on. If I buy lunch it comes out of my play money...stuff that...so I pack my lunch using groceries from home.

Generally means whatever money is in my wallet at the start of the week is still there at the end of the week.

I've noticed in a few places Ive worked that the people who pack their lunch are usually fitter and whinge less about finances.

every 7-8 working days I bring to work a carton of tuna- 24x185 gram tins a whole cabbage and half a dozen onions......

mmmmmmmmm tuna with cabbage and onion .. smother it in tobasco..... soooooo goood.

Last edited:
Bit off topic but do you guys re heat meals from the night before? My main question is there any problem using microwaves? I've heard alsorts about them just wanted to get someones view on it...

Bit off topic but do you guys re heat meals from the night before? My main question is there any problem using microwaves? I've heard alsorts about them just wanted to get someones view on it...

No problem at all. I just hit the "+1min" button and off it goes. I hit it twice for 2 mins, 3 times for 3 mins. I've never hit it 4 times so can't really say what would happen if I did that. Thenif I want to stop it early I just open the door and it stops.

Maybe stir it a couple of times so it heats up evenly, and cover it so it doesn't spatter and dirty the inside of the microwave...other than that no problems at all. :)

every 7-8 working days I bring to work a carton of tuna- 24x185 gram tins a whole cabbage and half a dozen onions......

mmmmmmmmm tuna with cabbage and onion .. smother it in tobasco..... soooooo goood.

Fark I'm glad I don't share an office with you :eek:

Haha Hirdy. I didn't mean it in that way. What I ment was does it affect the food? I use them all the time I'm just wondering if they do anything funny to the propeties of the food that's all.

I cook rump steak on Sundays and make teriyaki for the week, 1 of the meals at work is Milk so thats pretty easy.

Haha Hirdy. I didn't mean it in that way. What I ment was does it affect the food? I use them all the time I'm just wondering if they do anything funny to the propeties of the food that's all.

Microwaving food is actually less destructive to the nutrition than heating in an oven or on the stove because you are applying the heat for a shorter period and at a lower temperature than you would be by using a stove.