• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Official 2011 Body Transformation Contest Thread

lets get a bunch more people to join for 2012..start early in the year..more progress updates etc..its good motivation

Yeah agreed. We should start the thread in early december, so it actually STARTS from 1 Jan.

I am pretty pumped about next year.

Yeah agreed. We should start the thread in early december, so it actually STARTS from 1 Jan.

I am pretty pumped about next year.

I'm in for this as well.

I'm planning on having a very big year next year. A lot more disciplined than this year.

Updates more often is a great idea as I had completely forgotten about this.

Pumped!

I'll join boys I will hopefully be round 100kg come new years and we will see how I go from there. 1 year is a long time though for a comp maybe we can break it up and provide some shorter intervals such as 3, 4 or 6 months as well as a yearly comp. It will also keep the interest up and help with getting more posts in.

Good to hear Crow.

Some one set out some rules / guidelines. Dave, Pist'???

Last edited:
Yep, I'm in as well, I hope to have an awesome training year in 2012. I've got the home set-up now so I can always train no matter what time I finish work (bloody gym shuts @ 7pm here). This is gonna be a great thread, and I'm pumped that I won't have any outside influences crapping up my consistency.

Just a few ideas (mostly stolen from page 1 :p)....

• Pics have to be submitted in December to be official, or maybe set a period of last week or fortnight in December. That gives plenty of time for everyone to get organised, the later the better I guess. I think we should let people enter later if they want but if we are able to organise a prize then let's have an 'official' date.

• Mandatory pics include a front relaxed, side relaxed, back relaxed, legs relaxed and optional pics of flexing etc.

• Post date pics were taken, starting weight. Could even make it a newspaper shot if people wanna get serious lol.

• Let's really encourage progress pics and keep each other motivated.

• Not sure about judging. We could make a poll towards the end of the year or maybe we could select a panel of judges (shrek, admin, fadi etc.)

• If we have enough interest maybe we could get this stickied?
Any thoughts?

Just a few ideas (mostly stolen from page 1 :p)....

• Pics have to be submitted in December to be official, or maybe set a period of last week or fortnight in December. That gives plenty of time for everyone to get organised, the later the better I guess. I think we should let people enter later if they want but if we are able to organise a prize then let's have an 'official' date.
  • Mandatory pics include a front relaxed, side relaxed, back relaxed, legs relaxed and optional pics of flexing etc.
  • Post date pics were taken, starting weight. Could even make it a newspaper shot if people wanna get serious lol.
  • Let's really encourage progress pics and keep each other motivated.
  • Not sure about judging. We could make a poll towards the end of the year or maybe we could select a panel of judges (shrek, admin, fadi etc.)
  • If we have enough interest maybe we could get this stickied?
Any thoughts?

Looks good. Most cameras can put a date stamp on the picture too instead of holding a newspaper

Measurements are also a good way of recording change in body composition.

Measurents should be:

Arms
Legs
Waist
Chest

and maybe calves and forearms if you want?

Dexa Scans would be sick but not everyone is interested in spending that amount of money..

Maybe we could get a site sponser (Bulk Butrients, Bioflex etc) to donate some prizes. Depending on how generous they are we could have 3 month prizes or 6 and 12 months or something.

Even if its just like a 1kg bag of protein or something similar?

Otherwise we could have like an entry fee where you pay $5 or so and then the money buys prizes?

I would be willing to pay a $5 entry fee and then if we get a few people interested we could just buy some protein powder or like a t-shirt or something as the prize?

Prize is a good idea, keep everyone interested.

How would we do 3, 6, 12 month categories? Do we nominate which category we want to enter or do you mean everyone is judged at 3, 6 and 12 months? ie. someone entering for 12 months could win 3, 6 and 12 or you choose a time frame and that's what you are judged on?

Prize is a good idea, keep everyone interested.

How would we do 3, 6, 12 month categories? Do we nominate which category we want to enter or do you mean everyone is judged at 3, 6 and 12 months? ie. someone entering for 12 months could win 3, 6 and 12 or you choose a time frame and that's what you are judged on?

You would have to do it in 3 month blocks if that makes sense. That way someone can jump in from month 7-9 and still win.

Then have a seperate prize for the big 6 month and 12 month.

No reason why people who start in the beginning cant win a prize from month 4-6 (if there is a prize for that time frame).

But you are right. If someone is sick as fk there is no reason why they couldnt win every time. They just cant be judged on their Jan starting pic but rather the one from the beginning of the 3-month period we are judging.

Would be a great achievement if someone took out every prize!

P.S. It would also work with 4 month blocks and that way you would be judged 1-4, 5-8, 9-12 and also 1-6 and 1-12? That would mean 5 prizes in total which is doable if sponsers get on board. Without sponsors though i cant see that many prizes working and we would prob have to change it to 1-6 and 1-12.

Last edited: