• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

millzy

im not sure if this is the right forum to post this in but anyways if its not please move or remove the post,

i was wondering what supplements that are available in Australia that you would recommend like a wpi protein and is there any tablet supplements you would recommend? apart from pro hormones

im simply asking because i cant find a good protein and i hate wasting my money each month on crap, and i wanted to try some other suppliments that will help me put on lean muscle and assist muscle growth and recovery.

Wrong section but anyway.

Whey protein concentrate is a better bet (moneywise) if you can stomach it. I'd go from a bulk seller - proteindirect, professionalwhey and pure supplement powders are whey wholesalers who can give you deals better than any supplement company, but you will have to flavour it yourself.

Plain creatine monohydrate is also useful, as is a supermarket fish oil and multi. Thats pretty much the only stuff that works besides roids.

thank you for the advice and replys, is a wpi and wpc mix good? i find my metabolisim is to fast for wpi or just go pure wpc?

also whats you opinion on a HMB ( beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate)

i also had a progress video made a few weeks back to compare after 1 year and i was suprized is there also a forum section to post progress?

WPC vs WPI is an either or. The difference is minimal but WPC is a lot cheaper so I'd make that your first preference. A lot of people have trouble stomaching WPC, for them WPI is a good bet.

I have no idea what that is but it sounds like bs. And there are a few threads here in the bodybuilding section but i dont know them off the top of my head sorry.

thats okay, and in can stomach wpc easy:D umm this is HMB

Amino Acids

HMB

HMB, also referred to as "beta-hydroxy beta-methylbutryate" is a metabolite of the essential Amino Acid leucine. Found in Protein rich foods such as chicken, beef and fish, leucine is typically plentiful in the average person’s diet. HMB, however, is found in miniscule amounts. In fact, only 5% of leucine is converted into HMB, meaning that 20 to 50 grams of leucine would need to be consumed daily in order to reach gram levels of HMB – an extremely unrealistic, not to mention unhealthy, goal. While daily consumption of HMB in gram levels is by no means essential, scientific studies have revealed numerous positive side effects, with no negatives in sight. After gaining recognition within the bodybuilding scene in the 1990s, HMB has continued to increase in popularity well into the millennium. It is not hard to see why when examining the benefits.

First implemented by farmers to raise leaner cattle, HMB was soon adopted for human use once the benefits became clear. HMB assists in increasing lean body mass and strength, to Decrease Body Fat & muscle membrane damage plus prevent muscle catabolism. In short, it keeps the body in an anabolic state for longer, thus decreasing muscle breakdown and speeding up muscle repair, which leads to a gain in lean muscle and strength. Bodybuilders aren’t the only beneficiaries. Athletes such as runners and cyclists who don’t necessarily want to Gain Weight will see an increase in V02 max (maximal oxygen consumption) – endurance capacity. Studies dating back to the 1950s have also revealed that HMB plays an important role in cholesterol synthesis, resulting in lower blood cholesterol. Results are able to be seen within 2 to 4 weeks. One recent study published in the esteemed Journal of Applied Physiology Showed that athletes supplementing with 3 grams of HMB daily for 3 weeks gained three times more lean body mass and experienced strength increases two and a half times greater, than test individuals using the same Training Program who supplemented with a placebo.

Small amounts of HMB are found naturally in foods such as catfish, alfalfa and some citrus fruits. It is also a natural component of mother’s milk. As it is found in such small amounts, it is basically impossible to see the benefits of HMB without supplementation. Depending on weight, 2 to 4 grams daily is an appropriate dosage. HMB should not be consumed in individual dosages of more than 1 gram. For example, someone taking 3 grams of HMB per day should split this into 3 dosages of 1 gram each. HMB stacks well with Creatine, Glutamine, Whey Protein and Carbs. The HMB & Creatine Combo's in particular are quite popular and achieves better results than taking either on their own. Premade blends of both supplements are quite commonly purchased.

It’s best to check with your doctor before commencing your first HMB cycle. Someone taking HMB for the first time should keep their dosage fairly low to start with. HMB is not recommended to anyone with liver or kidney conditions and pregnant or breastfeeding women.

Also, fuck the HMB, not enough science backing it, but if you must buy the powder form from e-bay, I think you can get it for around $25 for 250gms delivered.

theres a kid at school who finished this year and he took HMB and his gains rapidly increased but im gussing it could be due to other thinks ie: change of diet. umm heres the thing if i drink a gallon of milk or heeps of eggs ill put on unwanted fat? i can stomach wpc easy as pie i can stomach anything dairy because i love dairy food but its how i came to have some extra unwanted fat, im also 16 almost 17.

also whats a substance called wind-strong? one of my friends takes it and has offered to sell me some (its injected) but i declined because i thought they where anabolic steroids, so if anyone has any idea what they are could u please tell me?

my diet and training is good, i wouldnt be asking otherwise lol.. um windstrol or strong i dunno the name but i think its a roid hes useing

Studies have shown that HMB works well on un-trained athletes not people that have trained for any length of time, so initially its good. If you want lean muscle use WPI or WPC which has more growth and immune strengthening factors than straight milk without all the fat.
Check out our bulk range here:
AFAN Cheap Discount Bodybuilding Weight Loss Sports Supplements - AFAN Bulk Products

cheers mate ive been looking at the protien you have on your website, it is freeze dried or wind dried when getting made?

my diet and training is good, i wouldnt be asking otherwise lol.. um windstrol or strong i dunno the name but i think its a roid hes useing

Well I've seen your other post with the vids. No your training is not good. You need to read the beginner program by PTC in the strength training section.

Also don't worry about any supplements. Virtually all of them are useless anyway. If your diet is good it will have lots of meat, eggs and milk.

Well I've seen your other post with the vids. No your training is not good. You need to read the beginner program by PTC in the strength training section.

Also don't worry about any supplements. Virtually all of them are useless anyway. If your diet is good it will have lots of meat, eggs and milk.

Explain. I know im doing the PTC program and its great, but it sounds like the split is working fine for him.(not having a go)

Last edited:
i could do squats due to a weak tendon in my knee? its why i dont play rugby anymore and started gym. my knees fine now tho. and what length in years would u consider a beginner?