• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Torn Pec

hi fellas
im new here but do know a few members as im from bodyline (hey spritcha!!!)
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (this was 3 days later cant find the major brusing pics)
i tore my right pec benching in dec 2010 (6th dec actually)

mine is a type 3 tear which is thru the muscle belly not tendon off bone

wasnt struggling with the weight, was moving quite well on rep 4 with 167kg on the bar
then a few inches off chest with a slightly wider than usual grip felt a few pulls and snaps over chest/delt area and told my spotter to grab the bar

i knew right off what id done

went str8 to local hospital where they f'd me around wanting to do xrays and asking me if id had any rotator cuff issues and pretty much walked out knowing they were useless (oh was also told i just needed physio :p)

anyway called up my sports dr (dr nathan gibbs...well known rubgy league dr and AFL dr) who immediately knew wat was wrong, ordered an mri scan to nullify it being the type of tear i have so we could do surgery within 7 days and my bad luck mine tore thru the muscle

its been 10 weeks or so now i still cant bench an empty bar not even game to just yet, have really been training but have been able to press off the kitchen bench high reps with out any real pain but the moment im on my back on the bench just my arm out to the side causes me extreme tightness

i know im looking at a fair amount of time till i can use it again

my chest sags, and has a very visible gap in the pec tie-in area, i really dotn care much about that i just want to be able to punch with my right arm and press some sorts of respectable weight again which i know wont be for a long time yet

i remember posting about this on bolex and nobody seemed interested in the topic :s
not till i revved them up wondering how being a homo is more interesting than an injury anybody could get

once again i was well warmed up, have been training for a good 8-9 years, powerlifting was a good half of that time and wasnt struggling to move the wieght so in hind sight going wide with a decent load may not be the best thing i could have done regardless of how i felt

anyway good to find this forum and topics that actually matter in the sports we are involved in

DW

Last edited:
its down atm and nobody can get in touch with durakelt or brettdawg to get it fixed

owner doesnt know how to do it and all contact was thru the site in our mod and admin forums (silly i know)

been 5 days now mate and cant do anything but wait