• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Favourite BB books. What's yours?

jchen

Admits he threw a pine co
Had a quick geez through some of the most recent pages, couldn't seem to see anything on it.

If its been covered before.. sorry, if not, what are yours?

I love Mike Mentzers books, especially "The wisdom of Mike Mentzer". It contains great information about the mental side of bodybuilding. I do feel alot of his books he repeats him self, this is probably the most detailed and conclusive book that was ever released from Mentzer/Sharkey Enterprises.

Been thinking about buying Tom Platz's "Pro Style Bodybuilding" aswell but have heard mixed reviews.

I have also just ordered "KTP". Looking forward to it.

What are some of your favourites and why?

I still hold my copy of Arnold's Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding dear even though I haven't read it in ages.

I only read strength manuals now.

In my limited experience a lot of bb publications encourage too much small stuff, ie db curls, lat pull downs and leg extensions.

A while ago Sly Stallone put out a book on training and diet. It's quite good. lee Labrada's book is also pretty good. Neither books are outstanding. Their good, but not great, though through no fault of the authors.

The Insider's Tell-All Handbook on Weight-Training Technique by Stuart mcrobert.

Is one book all serious weigh trainers should own.

Gareer , whats the name of Zane's book?
What is so interesting about it?

Worth buying?

Muscle: The story of an unlikely bodybuilder by Sam Fussel

An autobiography, not really a training guide. Still a great read

I believe I'v got The Zane Body and HI Def. He is pretty eloquent in the way he writes but seems to train very different from most. And Zane is my favourite bodybuilder.

His knowledge of amino's etc hence his name was interesting to read about. They can be expensive the books, and they're not very big. So it depends on how much you want them.

His knowledge of amino's etc hence his name

They didn't call him "The Alchemist" just because of his knowledge on amino's.

In my limited experience a lot of bb publications encourage too much small stuff, ie db curls, lat pull downs and leg extensions.

It's "Bodybuilding". It's about the small stuff. About creating the perfect muscular aesthetic of yourself. That doesn't work with a Barbell alone. It's not a numbers game.