• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

what if your child grew up to be homosexual?

This is the often repeated PC version, but if you talk to more LGBT people, you'll realise that it's not at all a settled debate as to whether it's choice or genetic or something else. We don't understand sexuality enough yet to conclude that it's all genetics.

In any case, if your son is gay, make sure he eats enough beef & lifts heavy weights so that he will be the top not the tofu-eating pink DB curling bottom. :D

Come on, do you really think you could have chosen your sexuality? You could have chosen to be gay?

And how is that point of the view the politically correct one? If anything, it almost treats homosexuality as a deformity?

Come on, do you really think you could have chosen your sexuality? You could have chosen to be gay?

Science is inconclusive either way. It cannot explain our sexuality yet. Hell, we don't even understand the influence of our genetics in a single human trait such as height (I read about it today). A few genes responsible for height have been found but with plenty more yet to be understood & discovered. Sexuality is too complicated for us right now. However, it's far more convenient (socially and politically) to say that homosexuality is all determined by genetics. It might be true, or it might turn out totally bogus like a certain crowd that say "gender is a social construct".

Some homosexuals and bisexuals can tell you that for them it's more choice than they're just born that way. They may be wrong, but you don't know that. It's not a settled debate, except for those who expect to gain something from it.

It's hardly a politically correct & safe thing to openly condemn homosexuality in Australia.

It's hardly a politically correct & safe thing to openly condemn homosexuality in Australia.

Huh? I was wondering why you said that the belief that we are born with our sexuality is more politically correct than the belief that we "choose" it?

hmm, some pretty harsh responses on here.... hope we don't have any gay fellas on this forum reading this thread

hmm well this is a little awkward...
just going through past forums to see what you guys are talking about

indeed there are some pretty harsh responses
tell you the truth i am gay, it wasnt really a choice thing it just felt right
ive never slept with a guy or girl but there is a difference in attraction to both guys and girls and guys i feel more sexually attracted to

now alot of you will probably report or block me or something but i dont see why...i dont check out every guy i see and i certainly did not join this site for that purpose i joined to change myself: physically and mentally healthier than i am now
if my child is gay i would be happy: so long as he/she is happy

dunno
there are just some people out there that are so homophobic they wont even recognise them as civil people
when i told some of my friends they were sure i was straight and some of my friend you could say they are gay but they are the straightest people i know

anyway im happy with myself so it doesnt really matter what others think of it

Don't stress, you'll find pretty much everyone around here is pretty friendly.

Who knows some might be even friendlier now....

I have 3 kids a daughter and 2 sons. My daughter is a bit of a princess and wants the whole Cinderella life. My 7 year old son chats up all the check out chicks they love him to death little player. And my youngest is 3 so don't know bout him yet. But I could never disown any of my children if they turned out to b gay. I would like to think I would help and support them as there are alot of nasty people in the world with out there own family not supporting them.

I would be disappointed however, he is my son and would love him just the same.
Although I'd be hugely pissed off at missing out on checking out the hot babes he could've brought home

I would be disappointed however, he is my son and would love him just the same.
Although I'd be hugely pissed off at missing out on checking out the hot babes he could've brought home

How could you be disappointed with something that someone has no control over.. thats like saying you would be disappointed if your child was born with red hair.

I'm quite perplexed by that statement.

How could you be disappointed with something that someone has no control over.. thats like saying you would be disappointed if your child was born with red hair.

I'm quite perplexed by that statement.

I don't know about that red hair is pretty bad. Plus Trent may have had an issue if his daughter was red haired :)

Well I don't know any gay folk, and I don't want my kids to be gay.

So now I guess I will be branded homophobic and a gay hater...Pffft, couldn't give a shit what you like to root, its none of my business.

And I don't hate people for being gay, I just don't want my kids to be gay. I want them to have my grand kids the good old fashioned way.
But if they turn out gay, I won't love them any less or think less of them. Now this is what I want, its not to say that's what my kids will want.......guess that's what watching them grow up is all about, seeing how they choose to tackle the world and with who.

I seriously wouldn't give a shit.
My best girlfriend is a Lesbian and my best boyfriend is gay. Who the hell cares in today's day and age, we are not in the dark ages anymore peoples.
We need to stop judging and start accepting:)

What if?

What's there to do? They are gay: that's the end of it.

Life continues as before.

I hope my little fella spends his life happy, not constantly questioning society's assessment of his sexuality.