• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Long life milk vs fresh milk

hakea

I have a question in regards to the protein content and bio-efficiency of long life milk. I qm currently buying aldi 99c 1ltr carton of long life milk. is there any difference between the protein, than with the fresh milk you can buy in the fridges?

I like buying the long life because i can buy so many and not worry that I wont drink it all in time (if i get sick or something). I will start drinking 2-3ltrs a day. And also they are much more portable and cost effective then the bigger fresh bottles.

N.B. im not talking about the powered long life milk but the liquid one.

I consider fresh milk as straight out of a cow..

Anyway Alot of the same arguments still apply.

The long life milk is ultra heat treated (UHT), but it doesn't seem to affect the nutritional values.

Interested to know also.
I prefer the taste of long life mik, whenever I have it once in a while.
Seems to be creamier.

The long life milk is ultra heat treated (UHT), but it doesn't seem to affect the nutritional values.

Interested to know also.
I prefer the taste of long life mik, whenever I have it once in a while.
Seems to be creamier.

I did a quick google, it seems to be lower in micro nutrients but the macros are the same. Interesting.

plus it's alot cheaper to buy , the only time i drink fresh milk is at work ( 2litres a day lol )

From Armchair Science, London (April 1938).

From an obscure journal AND out of date. Good find!

UHT process =/= pasteurization

Also it says pasteurized milk is heated for 30 min or more. These days it is something like 20 seconds at 70C.

and UHT is around 140 for less than a second.

I posted something about it in another thread just look at my recent posts...

I am on my phone but why drink something that is less of benefit? Despite it having the same macro nutrient content...

If I were only looking at macro nutrients I could then eat a "healthy diet" in 40/40/20 of carbs, protein, fats and stick to my "calorie" limit ratio by eating mc Donalds. The point I am trying to make is by choosing healthy food options that suite your macro ratios and fit in with your calorie count that include micro nutrients your body needs is what you want...

If it were only about macro ratios id'e be eating tuna, bread, and peanut butter for my whole life to achieve my body building goals through my optimium ratios of macros...

If the point I am trying to make doesn't make sense then I am sorry lol

I posted something about it in another thread just look at my recent posts...

I am on my phone but why drink something that is less of benefit? Despite it having the same macro nutrient content...

If I were only looking at macro nutrients I could then eat a "healthy diet" in 40/40/20 of carbs, protein, fats and stick to my "calorie" limit ratio by eating mc Donalds. The point I am trying to make is by choosing healthy food options that suite your macro ratios and fit in with your calorie count that include micro nutrients your body needs is what you want...

If it were only about macro ratios id'e be eating tuna, bread, and peanut butter for my whole life to achieve my body building goals through my optimium ratios of macros...

If the point I am trying to make doesn't make sense then I am sorry lol

Because most people don't have a micro nutrient deficiency despite what the latest review journal from Alternate Nutrition tells you.

Because most people don't have a micro nutrient deficiency despite what the latest review journal from Alternate Nutrition tells you.

Care to back that with a study?

I have seen and meant Alot about protein intakes, you seem to rubbish the reccomended allowances even for athletes ?? Why.. Because you know from real world experience it is t correct. You don't need a pubmed study to show you the obvious... Yet you rubbish other nutrient intakes in greater then " recommended " amounts?

Last edited:
Your new idols..

How do they Define a deficiency Oliver?

A lack of something essential to health.

Look, UHT milk might have a lower micro nutrient intake but if all other variables are okay I can't see the issue. Its like debating the difference between ordinary and sweet potatoes - its only going to be an issue if it is your entire diet.

A lack of something essential to health.

Look, UHT milk might have a lower micro nutrient intake but if all other variables are okay I can't see the issue. Its like debating the difference between ordinary and sweet potatoes - its only going to be an issue if it is your entire diet.

Who defines the lack?

What if more increases the physiological response and creates an even greater effect. That is the case then for optimal function more is needed by most people..

Can my rb20 run on e10? Probably.. Is it optimal and in it's best interest? Not fuckinglikley..