• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Long life milk vs fresh milk

No common sense if you have any clue about immunology, it is well documented children who grow up in too clean. Of an environment are more prone to pathogens and disease.

The immune system develops from exposure.

The bacteria debate is null and void when you consider that on your skill or your mrs crotch you have pathogenic bacteria that can kill you. Yet your immune system keeps you safe if you are healthy and functioning properly. Problem is with all the bullshit people do to themselves not all people are this way.

People are forgetting also about the beneficial enzymes in milk.. What happens when heating them to great temperatures? Well like all proteins they are denatured..

This is all a bit ridiculous, Oliver shits me because he is the sort of person that if u told him smoking was bad for you, when they advertised it in medical journals he would think your crazy.

Bazza runs a farm but assumes every single farmer who doesn't use artificial chemical fertilizers uses the worst known substances to man and I'm sure some do but not all. My friend from Victoria runs a permaculture style organic farm. It is different to the conventional agricultural system.

Who here drinks raw eggs? Don't want to get sick now do we,oh the hippocracy.

No matter how robust you like to think your immune system is, the risk is there. Coxiella burnetii for one is ridiculously infectious.. According to wiki; C. burnetii was one of seven agents the US had standardized as biological weapons.

Yes, I know, it’s all a bit hyperbolic, but look at this..

Coxiella burnetii in bulk tank milk samples, United States.
Kim SG, Kim EH, Lafferty CJ, Dubovi E.
Abstract

Dairy cattle are a primary reservoir of Coxiella burnetii, which causes Q fever. However, no recent nationwide studies have assessed the prevalence and risks of Q fever in dairy cattle. We report >or=94% prevalence in samples of bulk tank milk from U.S. dairy herds tested during the past 3 years

Firstly, I’d agree that bacteria you’re getting from a healthy cow’s milk is much more beneficial than harmful. But you can’t isolate the herd and contaminants are fucking everywhere.

I can’t see how the benefits of raw milk, (which is mostly limited to keeping beneficial bacteria alive) outweigh the possibilities involved with allowing pathogens to multiply. The point is, there are safer ways to get probiotics.

Many people would have compromised immune systems, intermittently or otherwise, without even knowing it. Raw milk is not safe for the wider population, no matter how minimal the risk is.

Food safety hazards associated with consumption of raw milk.

Abstract

An increasing number of people are consuming raw unpasteurized milk. Enhanced nutritional qualities, taste, and health benefits have all been advocated as reasons for increased interest in raw milk consumption. However, science-based data to substantiate these claims are limited. People continue to consume raw milk even though numerous epidemiological studies have shown clearly that raw milk can be contaminated by a variety of pathogens, some of which are associated with human illness and disease. Several documented milkborne disease outbreaks occurred from 2000-2008 and were traced back to consumption of raw unpasteurized milk. Numerous people were found to have infections, some were hospitalized, and a few died. In the majority of these outbreaks, the organism associated with the milkborne outbreak was isolated from the implicated product(s) or from subsequent products made at the suspected dairy or source. In contrast, fewer milkborne disease outbreaks were associated with consumption of pasteurized milk during this same time period. One sure way to prevent raw milk-associated foodborne illness is for consumers to refrain from drinking raw milk and from consuming dairy products manufactured using raw milk.
PMID: 19737059

Last edited:
Interesting. For a minute a I thought this was a BB/Powerlifting Forum, with the objective of being as big and or strong as humanly possible not bitchy housewives anonymous.

Pasteurized milk is heated to 70c for 15-20 sec, hardly great temperates. If it's so bad for us why do calves fed it actually grow better compared to raw milk.

Noobs has fallen for the naturalistic feel good marketing of organic food and has a mate organic farmer so must be an expert. Why do some people believe that by disregarding much of the modern advancements in farming it is somehow magically better.

I dont believe it's magically better..

I don't a Sit here and say bazza is just some bigan farmer who has fallen for convinience and products pushed to his demographic sold by people so it must be better. Yet somehow he is an expert in human nutrition and immunology.

Modern science doesn't always seem to make things better, it like most things has vested business interests, if researchers went studing things to make drugs to make $$$$ then do you think we wOuld know half of what we do?

Maybe we are both fools to our industry but I do try to like at both sides and don't always simply disregard people for no reason. Do you think all trace minerals that are needed are added to soil before crops are planted? Or is it only a select few?

This debate is useless it isn't a debate it's a "fuck you I'm right"

No one bothered to mention my comment about eating raw eggs.

..... and then there is the issue of finding a local reliable source of fresh raw milk

If anyone knows anyone/where on the central coast, pm me. Interested in trying some out.

Noobs you say you like to see both sides but pushing all the organic/naturalistic marketing, much of it false, makes me think otherwise.

People think it's black or white, since I'm not an organic farmer I can't use farming methods used by organic farmers. We do, all farmers do but we can also use newer technology that my be restricted from organic farmers.

There are some practices that are common in organic farming that are done minimally or not at all in conventional farming because it is worse for the environment. Just because it's natural or organic does not mean its better.

Why would you not want farmers to use what works from organic farming plus what works from newer technology.

As for eggs, I cook mine, whats your point. Do you eat all your beef, chicken, eggs raw?

You all should show a little more respect for each other, this isn't tnation.

Unprocessed food is going to provide more bang for bucks in a nutritional sense, that's a fact isn't it?

Can anyone explain why milk is processed?
I read things changed when smaller dairys In the 40's - 60's started selling their milk to larger companies, transporting milk over distance and storing created the need for processing.

I often hear stories from people older than me saying; milk was better when I was a kid.

When I'm not on an iphone I will post info for you silverback.. Panadol has killed more people then raw milk, no one winges about that.

..... and then there is the issue of finding a local reliable source of fresh raw milk

If anyone knows anyone/where on the central coast, pm me. Interested in trying some out.

mate try health food shops but try asking for bathing milk its the loop hole to sell raw milk as its illegal to sell it for consumption.

look at the udders on it, obviously not producing much milk...

oh and you obviously didn't notice this little snippet from that very site

A fistulated cow is a cow with an intentional hole in it for scientific research. In 1822, a Canadian suffered a wound that refused to heal, but the man otherwise was in fine health. His doctor discovered that the digestive process could be observed directly through the hole. The discovery spread, and for over 150 years, fistulation has been used to observe digestive processes in living animals, with the first recorded scientific use on animals dating to 1833.