• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fatigue

leachy

Hey,

I went to the doctors 2 days ago, complaining of fatigue. Awating the blood test results this afternoon.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has dealt with anything similar. Tired in the morning, lack of appetite, just not feeling 100%. And how you dealt/fixed it?

Cheers

My sleeping pattern was pretty messed, that did it for me. And I had an iron supplement. Was feeling much better after all that.

Im not a doctor (hahahaha... hmm) but have you looked at some common causes like dehydration, lack of sleep, poor quality sleep, low levels of vitamin d, stress, depression, poor diet, not enough exercise, too much exercise... the list goes on.

Yeah I am trying to get to bed much earlier, which means before 10pm. Get up around 7.30 in the morning. I have tried ZMA before, but that made me a bit groggy but the sleep was amazing, real deep, I might try a lower dose for a week and see if that helps.

I work at a phone store, so its relativley stress free. Workout 3 times a week, plus a bit of cardio on the weekends.

Diet is pretty good, lean meats, veges, shakes, plenty of water. I take a multi, and fish oil daily.

Last edited:
I have suffered from fatigue due to over-training and stress - I have found that increasing my fats has helped ALOT - as soon as I drop them then energy levels start to drop aswell.

I get that tiered feeling too at times, can last for days or more, where you just do the absolute minimum required to get through the day.

Sometimes all it takes is a new experience, new interest, new "toy" or some unusual event to wake you up and get you excited and alive again.

Alot of it is mental and if you can get yourself into a powerful and energetic state, with strong goals to go get, you may feel much more natural energy and drive.

I get that tiered feeling too at times, can last for days or more, where you just do the absolute minimum required to get through the day.

Sometimes all it takes is a new experience, new interest, new "toy" or some unusual event to wake you up and get you excited and alive again.

Alot of it is mental and if you can get yourself into a powerful and energetic state, with strong goals to go get, you may feel much more natural energy and drive.

I agree with this statement...

For example.

I've never done bungee or sky diving, but if I ever feel the need to be more alive and awake then ever before, I have no doubt this would work.
Or any other activity or experience wich pushes you out of your regular comfort zone.

Or, take some stimulating drugs....
But, natural highs are better and have good side effects.

Another example, meeting a new girlfriend (may not apply to Kindred).
Thinking back, did you ever feel tired during those times?
I would think more likely very excited and full of energy.

Last edited:
Hi Leachy,

Have you done the obvious things like cut caffein and alcohol out of your diet? I used to suffer depression and fatigue all the time until I cut those two things and it is heaps better now. The adrenal fatigue from the caffein was insane. Huges ups and downs. And alcohol is a depressant.

Neither have a place in a healthy diet.

Cheers,
Mike

Overtraining could be an issue, wait for the blood work then assess possible causes after this.

Check the sleeping patterns. I tend to feel tired when i'm bored and demotivated, then I become more demotivated and bored because i'm tired and it's a vicious cycle!

Might need a change of scenery!

Caffeine has been cut almost completely. Only having it occasionally, apposed to daily. It's a shame because nutritionally it isn't really bad for you, but obviously, it can affect the way you feel. Alcohol is pretty rare these days too. I had a break for two months, fell off the wagon for NYE. Timed it so it didn't affect my training. TBH I didn't really miss it. I'll be 21 in a month and will probably have a few beers to celebrate when I go away.

Overtraining is definitely not an issue. Have a look at my log, there's not that much volume in it. I only train 3 times a week.

Just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to undo the effects of caffeine on stress and depression/anxiety after years of high caffeine intake?

I have been taking in anywhere from 150-800-1000mg of caffeine a day for 5-6 years and feel this could be a big course of stress.