• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Long term strength and physique goals

pistachio

As a bit of a follow up from the You, on reflection thread, I thought it might be interesting to see what people's ultimate goals are when it comes to the gym.

My long term goals would be:

Physique: 95kg lean (sub 10%)

Strength: - 4 plate bench (180kg)
- 5 plate squat (220kg)
- 6 plate dead (260kg)

I am not as fussed about strength as I am about looking imposing, but who knows, after dedicating this year to predominantly powerlifitng, I might have a different view on things by the end of the year!

So what are you long term goals?

I would be happy with squatting 1.5 times my bodyweight, putting my bodyweight overhead (doesn't have to be a strict press), and deadlifting twice my bodyweight, while still being able to run 5km in under 30'00".

I am not too fussed about my exact build at that time, provided I am over 80kg and with a waist under 90cm.

90kg Lean, and I'd reassess from there. Strength wise, 200kg deadlift, 120kg bench, squat 160kg. I'll get all of those in the next year hopefully.

Squat - Get over 200kg

Bench - Get it relative to my squat and deadlift. Which means well over 100kgs.

Deadlift - Get over 250kg.

Physique - As a young guy i suppose it would be nice to be as lean as possible, but I am happy with increasing my strength. One goal at a time. I like Marko's point of view on goals, and setting small goals, such as the 11 week goals of PPP rather than big ones. But it is good to have your eye on a long term goal or prize! :)

90kg Lean, and I'd reassess from there. Strength wise, 200kg deadlift, 120kg bench, squat 160kg. I'll get all of those in the next year hopefully.

But what about your ULTIMATE goals? That is the point of this thread! We all have short term goals, but what do you ultimately, eventually hope to achieve? Surely you aren't going to stop in the next year?

Squat - Get over 200kg

Bench - Get it relative to my squat and deadlift. Which means well over 100kgs.

Deadlift - Get over 250kg.

Physique - As a young guy i suppose it would be nice to be as lean as possible, but I am happy with increasing my strength. One goal at a time. I like Marko's point of view on goals, and setting small goals, such as the 11 week goals of PPP rather than big ones. But it is good to have your eye on a long term goal or prize! :)

I agree 100%, set short term achieveable goals. Achieving them keeps you motivated. But at the same time, it is nice to have something that you are ultimately working towards. Setting small goals to achieve the bigger goal :)

Shredded with a 600kg+ total. Many years to come.

How much you weighing now mate? Just looking at your sig, bench looks totally dwarfed by your other lifts. Judging purely on your other lifts, I would think you should easily be able to get up to a 130kg bench or so in a small number of years, add a few kgs on the others and you will pretty much be there already!

My goals by the end of 2011 (thats long term for me lol).

Squat: 180
Bench: 150
Dead: 250

I want to be 105kg at about 14% bf.

I think they are doable (providing i dont get injured) with the only struggle being the Squat.

How much you weighing now mate? Just looking at your sig, bench looks totally dwarfed by your other lifts. Judging purely on your other lifts, I would think you should easily be able to get up to a 130kg bench or so in a small number of years, add a few kgs on the others and you will pretty much be there already!

Coming in at around 86-87kg @ ~16% BF (some pics in my log). Not too sure about BF% though.

But yer, stupid bench press, upper body isn't my forte. It seems to be on the rise though.

To be honest, this is more of a medium term goal, could achieve it in a 2 years provided I stay injury free. I just want to go as close to my genetic potential as I possibly can. If that means 700kg+ total then so be it :p

But what about your ULTIMATE goals? That is the point of this thread! We all have short term goals, but what do you ultimately, eventually hope to achieve? Surely you aren't going to stop in the next year?

I agree 100%, set short term achieveable goals. Achieving them keeps you motivated. But at the same time, it is nice to have something that you are ultimately working towards. Setting small goals to achieve the bigger goal :)

Your completely right Pistachio, my dream is to be a bodybuilder, maybe even compete overseas. But that comes second to my life, and once again reassessing will occur. But I want to compete! And bench 150kg, dead 250kg, 200kg squat.

3 x BW Deadlift (+50kg)
2 x BW Squat (+40kg)
1.5 x BW Bench (+35kg)
1.5 x BW power clean (+35kg)
20 chins (+5)

These would be nice numbers to have, but they take a back seat to my MA training
ps brackets are how far I have to improve on current PBs

By the time I'm 30yo (so in the next 6.5years) I would like to be a solid & lean 80kg bodyweight, and squat 180kg, bench 140kg, deadlift 220kg, military press 100kg, all for reps, and be able to run 4km's at a pretty fast pace. That is the sort of everyday strength level and physique I want to have.

I don't really care about lifting comps, just don't want someone to be able to pick me up by the neck with one hand and not be able to throw them through the wall or press them into the ceiling fan :)

Last edited:
782d1294404613-long-term-strength-physique-goals-body.jpg
xxxxxxxxxxx

Attachments

• Body.jpg
    Body.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
My long term goal is simply, get as strong as I can. I'd love to total over 700kg one day, but who knows. Physique doesn't really interest me, i'd prefer however not to get to massive (like 130kg+), but i'll see as I go.

both very admirable physiques, i wonder how much they weigh?

certainly a physique i would like to have!
Then aim for that physique regardless of what they weigh. Weight is irrelevant. I also bet the weigh less than you think, due to their low BF level.