• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Motivational Books

alex

Hey lads,

Long time no post!!!

just seeing if anyone has read any motivational books regarding strength training or the alike.... need a bit of a pick me up as of late.

any help would be great!!!

alex

I usually hate most things designed to motivate, they tend to be gushy and formulaic.

Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 and Henry Rollins 'The Iron' are good reads.

need a bit of a pick me up as of late.

any help would be great!!!

alex

uyqeQl.jpg

elephant.jpg

t6f5ol.jpg

Power of Now

Not associated with bb in any way , but an awesomely motivating book.

I found one that is not at all bodybuilding related but is about being in the right frame of mind for success particularly in combat sport. Its a series of interviews of great boxers, wrestlers, MMA fighters and alike.
It's called "The Fighter's Mind" by Sam Sheridan.
Picked it up at Orlando airport before my flight to Chicago, its a pretty interesting read.

By KTP do you guys mean Keys to Progress?

I typed KTP into amazon nothing came up?

Cheers

You're doing it wrong amigo. Nothing good ever came from taking shortcuts. Type it in full: Kay Tea Pea. Depending on your keyboard settings you may need to try the alternative versions: Katie Pee or Kay Teepee. Kay?

All the best champ.

You're doing it wrong amigo. Nothing good ever came from taking shortcuts. Type it in full: Kay Tea Pea. Depending on your keyboard settings you may need to try the alternative versions: Katie Pee or Kay Teepee. Kay?

All the best champ.

lol what the fuck?

I am asking for the book title bro?

Isn't KTP the book title or is it short for the book title?

I am confused.

Cheers

A couple that will encourage hardening up:

Lone Survivor, Marcus Luttrell - (True Story) 4 person US Navy SEAL team on deep recon in Afghanistan, engaged by Taliban, 3 of them shot multiple times - still fighting, eventually killed. 4th guy - broken back, broken shoulder, broken nose, grenade shrapel in legs, shot through thigh, no equipment except gun manages to get out. He also runs through a fair bit of their training. Very intense.

Warrior Training, Keith Fennell - Lots of detail about SASR training. He talks of a 30 minute 300 pullup, 300 pushup set they used to do.

SAS Sniper, Rob Maylor - Former Royal Marine Commando, then SASR Sniper. Also some very intense training. Then goes into a fair bit of detail about several missions in Afghanistan. He was also in the Blackhawk that went down on the HMAS Kanimbla in 2006.

While I in no way intend to join up, I am motivated to train a fair bit harder after reading these. What these guys put their body's through is amazing.

Not books but motivation to train right.

hot_girl_squat.jpg

squats_vs_deadlifts.jpg

And if I ever need more motivation then Youtube is my friend. Just search Konstantinovs, Poundstone, Magnusson, etc for awe-inspiring feats of strength.