• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Trap bar for deadlifts

Cheers DKD, Now i just need to increase my lifts and lose the gut ;)

I have the same bar as PRISON_MIKE, With quality I have only had 200kg on my bar so far but i can not see anyone breaking one, I think you would have to have a dodgy weld and a lot of weight to do so.

Its not a deadlift, it is more of an improved leg press, it's a wonderful exercise even wonderfular for old bastards, high rep's are the ticket.

Not too keen on it for farmers, your legs could get tangled if you need to dump it and if you are doing farmers properly you'd be required to dump it.

You can make a funky set of handles quite cheap... I can show you if you would like.

I don't have FW high on my priority list, I just read something about doing them with that bar, but definitely wouldn't like to be tripping over it. I should probably be concentrating on other stuff than FW...I don't even know its benefits....forearms, grip? If that's all then it's low priority for me. Probably hits the traps too at a guess?

I think I will probably get one. If it works quads, traps, lower back and in a safe manner then it seems ok to me.

Its not a deadlift, it is more of an improved leg press, it's a wonderful exercise even wonderfular for old bastards, high rep's are the ticket.

Not too keen on it for farmers, your legs could get tangled if you need to dump it and if you are doing farmers properly you'd be required to dump it.

You can make a funky set of handles quite cheap... I can show you if you would like.

Do a deficit trap bar deadlift and it's a good squat alternative to throw in once in a while :)

I read someone describe the lift as being like a dumbbell squat. This got me thinking that I should use the trap bar for walking lunges. Good idea? I'll check it out, post a vid, and type up my review from my hospital bed. Jon-boy would've been proud of that exercise selection. RIP Jon-boy!

I'll get the bar and still do regular deadlifts with normal bar. I hear too many good things about the trap bar, so will start using that for additional work.

That's it
This is mi e
c0947555-466c-13b1.jpg

I read someone describe the lift as being like a dumbbell squat. This got me thinking that I should use the trap bar for walking lunges. Good idea? I'll check it out, post a vid, and type up my review from my hospital bed. Jon-boy would've been proud of that exercise selection. RIP Jon-boy!

I'll get the bar and still do regular deadlifts with normal bar. I hear too many good things about the trap bar, so will start using that for additional work.

Wouldn't work unless you step out of the trap bar for every rep, which would be very awkward

Ive been using trap bar deadlifts as an alternative to squatting.

Interesting, I find it hits the upper legs more than a conventional deadlift and feels a little more like a cross between a squat and a deadlift :)

I think I've gotten upto +35kg on the trap bar above my deadlift at one stage.

Most people I've seen have higher TB deads than BB
Kinda a reason I'm getting one - to say my deadlift is 200kg plus :p
That and I think they're good for beginners just getting into DLing