• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

chest dilemma

C

coop

What do i di with my chest. I'm reluctant to work it too hard as i dont want it any bigger, but i want it more toned and defined.

I feel its too big, but even when i trim right down i still feel the same. Ive only been working my chest very minimal for years now, but i cant get it flat and toned. i'm afraid if i work it hard it will pop out too much.

any ideas?

Hi Coop,

I would think that 99% of trainers out there would want a bigger chest, and you want a smaller chest!!!

If it's bigger than you want, couldn't you just not work it and let it shrink a bit?

As far as I know, definition will show with low bodyfat levels.

Good luck.

don't work the chest as much and it naturally atrophy(shrink ) it wont happen over night will take a few weeks another suggestion is don't eat too much protein, just concentrate on carbs that's how the roadrunners etc do it

Ive hardly been working my chest for years now and it still seems bulkier than other areas of my body. The only work i do on it is 3 or 4 sets of dips, and 3 sets of bench twice a week, and i only do this so it doesnt get flabby.

Your right Hulk, most guys would kill for more size on there chest, but i hate the bulky chest look, i prefer a chest like a surfer or kickboxer.

Its probably one of those things where im overeacting and its just my imagination.

Thanx for your help guys.

12-16 sets/week for chest is probably more volume than most would use I think.

If you train chest less, just once per week, it will not get flabby, unless you are carrying fat.

Maybe just do more cardio.

don't work the chest as much and it naturally atrophy(shrink ) it wont happen over night will take a few weeks another suggestion is don't eat too much protein, just concentrate on carbs that's how the roadrunners etc do it
Worse advice eva. Don't eat too much protein..LMAO.

Thats a lot of chest work you are doing. Just do three sets of benches OR dips once per week, alternating week to week to keep it tight.

Is it really that big that you worry about it??? May be train harder on the other parts to equal things out.

Thats a lot of chest work you are doing. Just do three sets of benches OR dips once per week, alternating week to week to keep it tight.

Is it really that big that you worry about it??? May be train harder on the other parts to equal things out.

lol. Shrek is back to his bumping 3 year old thread ways if you didn't realise ;)