• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Current Diet, Thoughts?

jchen

Admits he threw a pine co
spread out over 6 meals throughout the day, my current diet is as follows.

3 cups brown rice p-43.2,c-459,f-14.4 2208 cals
chicken breast 400g p-124, c-0, f-14.3 660 cals
tuna 360g p-79.6, c-0,f-5.8 374 cals
3 whites p-11.2, c-0.4, f-0 47 cals
3 whole eggs p-20.9, c-0.5, f-18.9 253 cals
100g almonds p-19.5, c-4.8, f-54.7 600 cals

totals p-296.8, carbs- 464, f-108.1, 4189 calories

Also eat steamed greens, brocolli beans etc and drink about 500ml-1l zymil a day.

I am lactose and Gluten intolerant.

Height is 6'1'' and currently weigh about 98kgs stone cold in the morning. I would guess my bf% is somewhere between 15-20%.

Am i punching above my weight with this diet? Any thoughts, places you would amend it? Any help welcomed. Cheers and Thanks

My goal is to eventually step of stage and compete (bodybuilding) in 2012.

How may i ask 2208 calories is bad? I was under the assumption your diet should be mostly made up of 50% carbs / 30-40% protein and the remainder is fat.

He means uncooked weight JDizzle, which is about right a 1/2 cup being 70g~. That is a lot of rice to eat. I'd mix it up with potatoes both sweet and regular, just to break the tedium.

We don't how your body will cope with it, only you do. If you're gaining weight, good. If you think you're gaining too much weight too quickly, drop the Zymil. Assess from there, rinse and repeat. It takes time (i.e - weeks/months) to measure your gains, but it's time well spent.

All that being said if you can keep it up, it looks like a solid diet. Just remember if it's not in the total 1L of Milk, is about 650~ cal, the other steamed vege are neglible.

Good luck.

I have been gaining a little too much weight i think. In saying that I dont look a whole heap fatter though. I roughly am putting on 1kg every 2-3 weeks maybe more. Is that relatively normal?

It is alot of rice although with the way ive been eating im starving 2 hours after a meal so its no biggie. I don't necessarily like rice either, just doing what has to be done.

My goals are to gain as much lean muscle mass over the next year as naturally possible?!

Is that what you mean when you say more information?

That's a good pace jchen, keep at it. All the power to you for being able to stomach that much rice. Even if you think you're a bit softer than you'd like to be, add some HIIT once or twice a week. Keep your cardio good, help the metabolism and in general keep you awesome.

Finally someone eating a decent amount of whole food. Put up a journal if you have the time, I'd be interested to see how a heavyweight aspiring BB'r trains. Something a little different from all the PPP.

I also should probably add that I don't take any supplements except fishoil and a multi. I stopped buying protein powder after a ran out last time because i didn't see the need to buy anymore. Within 10 minutes of finishing training I am eating a whole food meal since i train either at home or at 2 locations within about 2 mins of my own home. I will chuck up a training journal when i can be bothered.

At the moment i am doing Mike Mentzers "ideal principled workout" and am having great gains.

I have no idea what that is.

As long as you're training hard, heavy and have your goal in mind. We use basically the same supplement protocol, though I still have protein powder at the moment, I'm almost out and see no need to buy anymore currently.

Can any once please give me some clarity if the carb intake is too high?

Before this i was eating approx half the amount of carbs and so no real fat gain but my bw was getting bigger each week or two.

Now with almost double the carbs , basically, am i going to put on more fat weight?

Not that it really worries me but I would just like to know. You know like the first time someone told you 20 rep squats would be hard.

Now with almost double the carbs , basically, am i going to put on more fat weight?

As u work out the more u deplete your glycogen stores which you use for energy (carbs replenish this).
Once you have consumed carbs to restore this the excess gets converted to fat. The upper limit averages to be 350-400 grams of carbs (1600 calories) but this could vary according to your skeletal structure.

Once u filll your glycogen stores any excess carbs spills over into body fat.

Mmm so how to workout exactly how many carbs I need. Is this also to say essentially I only need more carbs on the days I am training?