• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What is your favourite football code and why?

But AFL is a 360 Degrees game where League and Union are 180 degrees.. different types of sport really.

Lets just stop all the crying and agree Union is the best sport, league is bigger than union but softer and easier to play, AFL is like god in Vic and all Vic's will say its the best sport on the planet and Gridiron is a pretty good sport but most ppl in Aus will never get it but they do produce some sick athletes and sometimes some big hits.

Rory, the deaths werent a result of no pads, it was a result of their "rough mass plays".

They only had to eliminate them, not add bitch pads

Nowhere does it state that helmets and pads were introduced to prevent deaths

The History of Football Shoulder Pads | eHow.com

President Theodore Roosevelt threatened to ban football due to too many deaths from injuries received during the games. In 1910, rule changes and protective padding were introduced in an effort to reduce the number of injuries.

To reduce the number of injuries Rory, it doesnt say deaths.

How revolutionary, stick helmets and pads on them, less injuries

Union is more highly played in ACT highly due to the fact that we have alot of private schools here that are some of the best rugby schools in Aus and also have prob the largest amauter club in Aus Tuggeranong Vikings and of course the ACT Brumbies.

To reduce the number of injuries Rory, it doesnt say deaths.

Read it again.

President Theodore Roosevelt threatened to ban football due to too many deaths from injuries received during the games. In 1910, rule changes and protective padding were introduced in an effort to reduce the number of injuries.

Also, I would argue that it only gave more ways to injure people. I don't know how many games you have seen this season, if any at all, but recently there have been some ridiculously violent hits resulting in season (and maybe for some career) ending concussion. Helmet to Helmet contact has become a very effective weapon, and, if your name is James Harrison (of the Pittsburgh Steelers) a VERY expensive one.

In no order;
Footy
Thugby
Gridiron
The rest don't rate for me.

These three codes appeal to me on different levels.

Footy is great to watch if the players don't follow set plays, kicking backwards, not kicking long and not taking risks.

Rugby for the sheer toughness.

Gridiron for tactics and visual appeal.

Then they can pretend to have penises, watch a few games of rugby and football and take the fucking helmets off.

And on your earlier point on deaths, from what I read, the deaths were a result of the "mass play", not hits.

Players get hit very, very hard in Rugby, front on, no deaths.

NFL isnt even the best gridiron code in the USA, the Lingerie league is

lingeriefb_action2.jpg

l_6fde67340b3c08c435c465afe55e1fd5.jpg

lingerie-football-league-7.bmp

Chuck helmets and pads on girls in underwear and even they can play the game, soft....but oh so sexy

I dont think anyone is soft in rugby, no matter where you come from or play

I don't think any athlete that plays any sport with a ball is soft.

However when comparing one to another there may be relevance and debate from ones own perspective.