• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anyone tried an anti fungal diet? What are your thoughts?

I have, I noticed Alot of difference especially in my persistent bloat.

Interesting book to read

" breaking the vicous cycle"

Which leads me to another question... anyone know where I can get my hands on free ebooks :p or audio books.

Ohh no!

You weren't dating girls were you kindred? You were going to the brothel and paying for your SEX!

The anti fungal diet MAY fix your thrush kindred lol

Most diets usually give people a set meal plan and a list of foods they can or cant eat (the former automatically being exclusive). Already the person is set up for failure.

Last edited:
Most diets usually give people a set meal plan and a list of foods they can or cant eat (the former automatically being exclusive). Already the person is set up for failure.

Well thats life isnt it oliver..

Thats like giving a newb PPP and letting them alter it to how they want.

Set up for failure? Well not really... Its not "a made up thing" where certain foods are magical. Its you cant eat xyz foods because you have a specific problem that needs to be rectified by not eating them.

No amount of "it isnt fair" is going to change that. So you do it or you dont. Its as simple as that.

Theres no such thing as a food that is 'bad for you' - bread has a context. Dr Pepper has a context. Even weed killer has a context (imagine if OOC drank some). Excluding foods all together is one of many aspects of bro science I dislike. Exclusion is the enemy of variety, which is the hot younger sister of health.

Comparing it to training isnt such a good idea, after all:
(1) Beginners are in the gym 3 hours a week as opposed to the rest of the week they spend eating and sleeping.
(2) Naturally we do edit programs for the context of their users - you cant give a lifter at fitness first instructions to use a reverse hyper after cambered bar squats.

I'm not saying lets remove all guidelines for being 'too hard' - everybody knows they need lean meats, efas, fruit/veg and starches, if they dont they have a bigger program than anyone on this forum could hope to mend. Give them some rules of thumb for calories/macro breakdowns and let them have at it with an emphasis on variety.

'Eat this', 'don't eat that' and 'dont eat Y at night' without any flexibility like most diets is inevitably going to end with the person eating a cookie, not knowing what to do and therefore giving up and gorging on the whole bag (check out some of Lyle's work for more info).

Some people need a regiment so that they hit there required intake for the day. Be it for trying to gain weight or lose weight. I have no idea how much fat and protein is in beef, so I setup a daily plan for all my food. Then eat the same thing everyday. Some people are insulin sensitive/insensitive which means they may need to time there carbs or limit them.

BTW, Dr. Pepper has no context in a healthy diet. I'm not judging but if someone says they eat clean all the time, and then go suck on a soft drink their kidding themselves.

Theres no such thing as a food that is 'bad for you' - bread has a context. Dr Pepper has a context. Even weed killer has a context (imagine if OOC drank some). Excluding foods all together is one of many aspects of bro science I dislike. Exclusion is the enemy of variety, which is the hot younger sister of health.

Comparing it to training isnt such a good idea, after all:
(1) Beginners are in the gym 3 hours a week as opposed to the rest of the week they spend eating and sleeping.
(2) Naturally we do edit programs for the context of their users - you cant give a lifter at fitness first instructions to use a reverse hyper after cambered bar squats.

I'm not saying lets remove all guidelines for being 'too hard' - everybody knows they need lean meats, efas, fruit/veg and starches, if they dont they have a bigger program than anyone on this forum could hope to mend. Give them some rules of thumb for calories/macro breakdowns and let them have at it with an emphasis on variety.

'Eat this', 'don't eat that' and 'dont eat Y at night' without any flexibility like most diets is inevitably going to end with the person eating a cookie, not knowing what to do and therefore giving up and gorging on the whole bag (check out some of Lyle's work for more info).

Thats a fucking load of shit oliver.. A doughnut is bad for you. I cant seem to think of any context where trans fat is warrented in ones diet.

This is a diet for a very specific purpose... It isnt weight loss, fat loss, strength, body composition. It is for If you have a bactieral overgrowth, or fungi /candida albicans. Basically dysbiosis. Or lack proper enzymatic function to properly degrade certain startches then that fermentation is going to fuel bad bacterial overgrowth in the intestines and the by product of the mal digestion can lead to food intolerences and other immuno problems.

If you look at food in terms of possibly body composition only then you can probably out weigh negatives for postivies of certain foods as i would imagine what you are reading is about. However with specific problems the issues are deeper then simply "gaining fat".

Basically the idea of the SCD is to eliminate polysaccharides for a specific result. How any feel about eliminating those foods is irrelivent in this instance when trying to achieve a specific theraputic outcome.

However alot of the times such diets are only for a certain amount of time say 3-12 months unless there is a severe enzyme defficiency or problems like ulceritive colitis then it is best to avoid the startches all together.

Some people need a regiment so that they hit there required intake for the day. Be it for trying to gain weight or lose weight. I have no idea how much fat and protein is in beef, so I setup a daily plan for all my food. Then eat the same thing everyday. Some people are insulin sensitive/insensitive which means they may need to time there carbs or limit them.

BTW, Dr. Pepper has no context in a healthy diet. I'm not judging but if someone says they eat clean all the time, and then go suck on a soft drink their kidding themselves.

accounting for certain food choices and allergies are the sort of things conventional diets fail to do, which is my point.

As for the dr pepper - lets take twin triathletes. When mines feeling low 2/3rds of the way through I'll give him Dr Pepper, you on the other hand can give yours Dr X's Ultra Squeaky Clean Diet Drink. We'll meet at the finish line to discuss results.

accounting for certain food choices and allergies are the sort of things conventional diets fail to do, which is my point.

As for the dr pepper - lets take twin triathletes. When mines feeling low 2/3rds of the way through I'll give him Dr Pepper, you on the other hand can give yours Dr X's Ultra Squeaky Clean Diet Drink. We'll meet at the finish line to discuss results.

But this diet is for the purpose of removing bacterial overgrowth, nothing else... So eliminating foods is a must.

This little princess argument between nOObs and Oliver is sorted with one word...

BALANCE (to a certain extent)...

Oliver has a good point in which his trying to make (which I think is GRADUAL change). Which is why you give a beginner a TIP (such as reduce soft drink intake from 30cans to 20cans) for 1 week then the following week (reduce 20cans to 15cans)... etc etc... As yes it will take a longer time but it is a lifestyle change not a temporary change so do it slowly but permanently...

For some reason my nutrition lecturer never understood my approach...

I can't find not one person (who has never gone on a diet, doesn't train - pretty much average Joe) who will stick to a written diet if they were given one... From previous experience they even struggle meeting one requirment such as the tip...

It only then makes you realise how literally fucked up their diets are, and how hard it is for one to change his diet...

But yes I doubt half the shit iv'e said makes sense as I am tired and I probably didn't interpret the point properly...

But what I do know is that vitamins will kill you (directed to nOObs)...

Goodnight.

This little princess argument between nOObs and Oliver is sorted with one word...

BALANCE (to a certain extent)...

Oliver has a good point in which his trying to make (which I think is GRADUAL change). Which is why you give a beginner a TIP (such as reduce soft drink intake from 30cans to 20cans) for 1 week then the following week (reduce 20cans to 15cans)... etc etc... As yes it will take a longer time but it is a lifestyle change not a temporary change so do it slowly but permanently...

For some reason my nutrition lecturer never understood my approach...

I can't find not one person (who has never gone on a diet, doesn't train - pretty much average Joe) who will stick to a written diet if they were given one... From previous experience they even struggle meeting one requirment such as the tip...

It only then makes you realise how literally fucked up their diets are, and how hard it is for one to change his diet...

But yes I doubt half the shit iv'e said makes sense as I am tired and I probably didn't interpret the point properly...

But what I do know is that vitamins will kill you (directed to nOObs)...

Goodnight.

I dno, it depends on the person.. Someone who is truly seeking help will follow it to a T and want mroe they can do. People who dont care will ask "why do i have to do that"

There is no why you just do it...

When istarted training i got a diet from markos and a program. What did i do? What it said day in day out nothing else. Everyone will get to a point where they realise life isnt easy they have a problem and they need help they will either then.

a. drown their problems in sorrows and grog
b. fucking do something about it

These are the people who will suceed because they have the drive.

Its the same with training "do i have to squat? " well yes you do. But as soon as this attitude comes up the person is destined to fail, not because it was too hard. But because they were simply too weak.

We cant suger coat everything in life for people. If you want results for this or that problem do what you have to do. Otherwise dont do it at all and dont winge when it doesnt work.

All or nothing...

Both examples you two have pulled out are extreme. Nobody is saying you have to choose between drinking 30 cans of soft drink a day and eating your paleo diet - there is a middle ground (note: that middle ground isnt 15 cans a day).

People generally have food preferences and needs that most diets dont accommodate for. You're a prime example of that noobs, you cant drink milk. How would you fare on the warrior diet which recommends things like copious amounts of cheese and ice cream?

Both examples you two have pulled out are extreme. Nobody is saying you have to choose between drinking 30 cans of soft drink a day and eating your paleo diet - there is a middle ground (note: that middle ground isnt 15 cans a day).

People generally have food preferences and needs that most diets dont accommodate for. You're a prime example of that noobs, you cant drink milk. How would you fare on the warrior diet which recommends things like copious amounts of cheese and ice cream?

Diet - the kind and amount of food prescribed for a person or animal for a special reason

In this case the reason is anti bacteria/fungi.

So there is no middle ground... You either do it properly or you dont. Its not some fad 48hr rapid lemon detox.

I dont know what other diets have to do with kindred asking about removing bacteria though oliver.

I think you both have valid points, though just to win an argument they have become increasingly polarised.

Telling someone exactly what to eat and when does work. Period. Unless the prescription comes from an idiot, of course.

Conversely, there is no point in prescribing foods if the person pisses and moans about it and cheats. In which case having a selection of foods; which is usually the case, may help. Eventually, one would hope that the dieter would learn enough from the experience to make correct food choices without assistance, and vary the diet in a suitable manner.