• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Thinking of changing my program

Mickdog

The other beginners program by Fadi I was thinking of having a go at when the 3 months is complete. Any reason not to change? Should I change to a split program? Should I jst continue to do the same?

My goal is to look good and be healthy. Preferably like any of the guys from the movie 300 (I know I sond like a wanker) so would it be best to change my program occasionaly to encorage muscle growth?

No need to change. You encourage muscle growth through eating food and increasing the weight you lift regularly.

If you want to look like the guys from 300, get a fake tan and get them to spray on some abs. :p

No need to change. You encourage muscle growth through eating food and increasing the weight you lift regularly.

If you want to look like the guys from 300, get a fake tan and get them to spray on some abs. :p

:D No worries I'll stick with it. But in time maybe 6 to 9 months down the track I certainly wold like to change it up. If nothing else just to try something different. I keep reading all over the place changing the program even if its just the rep range can encourage great gains. Of course i'm getting good gains so who am I to complain:p

I do try to eat as much as possible but it is hard with a mortgage. I'll be smashing into turkey over christmas though, can wait.

Dude, eating big cost fuck all.

Weekly shopping list looks like this... (The shit that goes off quick like fruit and milk is bought once a week, the rest every 2-3 weeks. Meat not needed is frozen).

Oats
Eggs
Mince beef - 3kg
Chicken breast - 4kg
Coles tinned tuna
Cheap brown rice
Cottage cheese
frozen veges
Milk
Banana

Total ~$120

Splitting/changing your training is fine. As long as you keep the same basic movements you should be ok.

Last edited:
:D No worries I'll stick with it. But in time maybe 6 to 9 months down the track I certainly wold like to change it up. If nothing else just to try something different. I keep reading all over the place changing the program even if its just the rep range can encourage great gains. Of course i'm getting good gains so who am I to complain:p

I do try to eat as much as possible but it is hard with a mortgage. I'll be smashing into turkey over christmas though, can wait.

There's no harm in training each body part twice a week (or 8 days as I'd prefer to do it) once you've got 12 months of 3x/week body part training under your belt.

Something like this should rock:

Monday: Chest, shoulders, Triceps
Tuesday: Legs
Wednesday: Back, Biceps
Thursday: Rest or 100 star jumps or 100 burpees (depending on your needs and priorities at the time).
Friday: What you did on Monday (not necessarily the same exercises though)
Saturday: What you did on Tuesday (not necessarily the same exercises though)
Sunday: Rest or 100 star jumps or 100 burpees (depending on your needs and priorities at the time).

Doing it as above would have you train each body part twice every 8 days and would take you a month before you get back to the structure of the first week. Each body part would receive a direct rest for 4 days except what is trained on a Wednesday would always receive 5 days direct rest and plenty of time to have you looking not like those 300 men, but better still!

Bye for now Mick.

Fadi.

Dude, eating big cost fuck all.

Weekly shopping list looks like this... (The shit that goes off quick like fruit and milk is bought once a week, the rest every 2-3 weeks. Meat not needed is frozen).

Oats
Eggs
Mince beef - 3kg
Chicken breast - 4kg
Coles tinned tuna
Cheap brown rice
Cottage cheese
frozen veges
Milk
Banana

Total ~$120

Splitting/changing your training is fine. As long as you keep the same basic movements you should be ok.

Thats a bit over budget for food on a mortgage for me. But I can afford most of those things a fair bit.

So if I was to say split my program to give me more time to recover but add more exercises and giving my lower back a break for eg

Monday Legs
Squats
Lunges
Leg Curls
Standing Calf Raise
Seated Calf Raise

Wednesday Chest/Back
Bench
Flys
Deads
Bent Over Row
Chins

Friday Shoulders/Arms
Shoulder Press
Lat Raise
Upright Row
Curls
Dips

Would that be a problem as i'm still doing my compounds but simply adding some isolations and still remaining with a 5 exercise workout each day. What do you think?

There's no harm in training each body part twice a week (or 8 days as I'd prefer to do it) once you've got 12 months of 3x/week body part training under your belt.

Something like this should rock:

Monday: Chest, shoulders, Triceps
Tuesday: Legs
Wednesday: Back, Biceps
Thursday: Rest or 100 star jumps or 100 burpees (depending on your needs and priorities at the time).
Friday: What you did on Monday (not necessarily the same exercises though)
Saturday: What you did on Tuesday (not necessarily the same exercises though)
Sunday: Rest or 100 star jumps or 100 burpees (depending on your needs and priorities at the time).

Doing it as above would have you train each body part twice every 8 days and would take you a month before you get back to the structure of the first week. Each body part would receive a direct rest for 4 days except what is trained on a Wednesday would always receive 5 days direct rest and plenty of time to have you looking not like those 300 men, but better still!

Bye for now Mick.

Fadi.

You Fadi are a legend. Thanks for the help.

I will continue my program for 12 months then change to something along these lines. Just need something to aim for. Thanks for the help.

As previously stated whatever exercise you do is irrelevant if you are not eating enough. It's just wasted time.

I cant believe this situation is still coming up.

What you look like is determined by your eating.

How much you lift is determined by your training.

As long as your stimulating each muscle, the program is irrelevant for body recomposition.

Most look at the training because it takes 3 hours a week of discipline where diet is 165 hours

Markos what's your diet like? I'm not cutting you down but im finding changing from relaxed eating to set calories/macros is really hard.

As long as your stimulating each muscle, the program is irrelevant for body recomposition.

Most look at the training because it takes 3 hours a week of discipline where diet is 165 hours

Very very very wise words. This should be stickies EVERYWHERE!

I'm exhausted trying to get this through to the young kids at my gym, they come in train, while munching on packets of potato chips and mother drinks.

Even a mate i train with asked me what he could eat.. i said go buy some oats and tuna from coles.. he's like nah cant afford it (oats $1.50kg, tin of tuna 99c) .... yet they can afford trashy energy drinks and potato chips?

My diet is certainly working. Thanks for the advice, i'll see if I can improve that