• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Race to 6 plate Deadlift

Can I enter this competition with a 140kg 1RM (even though I haven't tested it after 4 weeks off of training though think I'll smash it) even though I will be FAR from winning, I wouldn't mind challenging someone around my strength...

It would be good if the mod's could put up a thread of whose lifting what -

For example;

Deadlift category 1 (140kg - 160kg)

Deadlift category 2 (160kg - 180kg)

Deadlift category 3 (180kg - 200kg)

etc etc. . .

And as they improve they move up in category's and challenge other people...

But then again what would I know - Afterall I deadlift 120kg 3x8 loll

Max is on holidays?

get him eating 1 giant meal a day, starting at 8am and ending at 10pm
if he isnt eating, he should be preparing the next part of his meal or training

I don't get why a powerlifter would want to gain weight. Get into the lowest weight class possible and only move up if your strength gains make you - this isnt bodybuilding.

Max has squatted 180 with wraps, around 175 without I think.

If he makes those lifts it would be extremely impressive.

I reckon they are optimistic but I also kno better than to bet against Max.

Max is only going for 500 nick, I'm just fucking with ya

you get strength gains at the dinner table too mate :)

To an extent. Obviously if you're 6'4 and lifting in the 67.5kg class there are problems to be had but for most natties in the 82.5 or 90kg class (or whatever IPF is nowadays) at 8-10% I couldn't see a need to go above that.

A lot of the best powerlifters (coan comes to mind) were shit lean. Just an observation but I think theres a few on here who'd know better than me.

Coan was 5'6" and lifted best as a 110kg

Name: Edward CoanAge: 45
Hometown: Oak Lawn, near Chicago, Illinois
Height: 5 foot, 6 inches (168 cm)
Weight: 235 lbs (107 kilos)

Steve Pritchard is 5'10" and lifts at 125kg.

Gregg Gordon is 5'8" at most and lifts in the 100kg class.

Anyone that seriously wants to be a top lifter at 6' needs to weigh over 125kg

Daryl Chapman benched 120kg@67kg (WR) at Nationals aged 17. He is 5'2"

Yes, but matt kroc, ed coan, kirk kawoski and konstantin konstantinovs are all shit lean, 10-12%. Their records might be different if they had an extra 20kg of blubber on them.

lol.....Ed Coan was not 110kg @ 5'6" and 12%

seems lean to me...

0.jpg

Also wasn't he in the 100kg class?

He competed from 82.5 all the way to 110 (even 75 I think) and did as well / has world records in all of those classes, he was probably best at 100. The pic you posted was him at 90.. that said I've seen some footage of him at 100+kg pretty f u cking lean.. Ed is god

Oli, your deflecting.

At your height, you need to weigh 120kg+ to become a good powerlifter.

Max needs to weigh 100kg and Daryl needs to weigh 82.5kg

Thats why lifters gain weight and go up a weight class, to improve their leverages.

I'm pretty sure Nathan Jones is shorter than you and weighs 105kg, very lean.

Your young, you'll get heavier, as will Max and Daryl

Gregg in the 110's as an open lifter will be world class, he already is as a teenager

Honestly - wouldnt you have a better wilks total at 110kg and 12% than 125kg and 20%? if the answer is no I'll trust you.