• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Killer abb routine

T

Tim

Hi there,
Ive been workin on this program for a few months now and thought id share with everyone. Luv to get feed back on this
So baically what i do is aim for getting in as many sit ups as i can, followed by as many crunches, then mini crunches ( just raise ur head and tense up ur stomach) in a row as possible. Similar to power switching but with the abbs. This generally works out to:
20 situps
12 crunches
5 mini cruches
Repeat untill buggered.

The next part involves a fusion of yoga. Basically all your doing is the reverse of a sit up, but with your legs. youre gonna want to grab a set of weights for anchorage and find comfy mat 4 ur back.
Lie down on the mat and put the weights behind your head, and grab on.
Bring your legs up to your chest, this is the first position.
Keep you legs together and extend them outwards on a 45 degree angle. this is position 2
Try to lower your legs as far down as possible with out touching the ground and hold them there. this is position 3

When youve had enough raise your legs back up through the positions and try to repeat without touching the ground. The key with this exercise, is slow methodical movement and deep breathing. try to aim for 6 -8.You should feel a light strain in your lower abs.... enjoy
once again luv some feedback

hhmmm sounds rather interesting , might have to give your little workout a bash

Im sure this would work a treat. On a side issue can anyone expand on the difference in benefit from a sit up and a crunchy.

I have a back problem that seem to get agrevated when doing any abb work, I have therefore resorted to a (Dont want to say) Abb Machine. this seems to assist given it is taken some of the preassure off my back, but it really only allows for crunchies.

It seems to be doing the job though.

When you do a sit up, you sit all the way up, so that your back is off the floor. When you do a crunch, you only go far enough for your arms to touch your legs, so your lower back will still be on the floor.

Thanks for that, I was more looking for main difference between the muscles used etc. I am assuming due to the range of motion used as full sit up would have more benfit, any ideas.

Hi there,
Ive been workin on this program for a few months now and thought id share with everyone. Luv to get feed back on this
So baically what i do is aim for getting in as many sit ups as i can, followed by as many crunches, then mini crunches ( just raise ur head and tense up ur stomach) in a row as possible. Similar to power switching but with the abbs. This generally works out to:
20 situps
12 crunches
5 mini cruches
Repeat untill buggered.

The next part involves a fusion of yoga. Basically all your doing is the reverse of a sit up, but with your legs. youre gonna want to grab a set of weights for anchorage and find comfy mat 4 ur back.
Lie down on the mat and put the weights behind your head, and grab on.
Bring your legs up to your chest, this is the first position.
Keep you legs together and extend them outwards on a 45 degree angle. this is position 2
Try to lower your legs as far down as possible with out touching the ground and hold them there. this is position 3

When youve had enough raise your legs back up through the positions and try to repeat without touching the ground. The key with this exercise, is slow methodical movement and deep breathing. try to aim for 6 -8.You should feel a light strain in your lower abs.... enjoy
once again luv some feedback
You'd have a mad 6 pack by now following that routine aye Tim.

Post up a pic? :)

The abdominals are mostly fast twitch muscle fibers you would get better results with something like 7 sets of 5 reps weighted crunches