• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sling Shot

PTC

Sean bought in his Sling Shot tonight, most of the boys had a play with it. I think they get around 10% from it, I know Sean benched 100kg, Mick got 105kg, as did Dim, Jack got 115kg and Max got 130kg.

It is an interesting training tool, something else I can use for overload for the lifters.

Has anyone else had a play with one

slingshot4.jpg

im not too sure what it even does to be honest? Is it used to reduce the pressure on the chest during BP's?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3xRCmRAhXQ]YouTube - PTC Frankston, Max benches 130kg with Sling Shot[/ame]

Yeah, I have one. I love it. It allows you to overload, which can help build lockout as well as conditioning for heavy loads. It feels like a natural movement. I have only used it for a few sessions, but I think it has a load to offer.

I think it must work the higher part of the press by way of overload, similar to using boards when training for a shirted press, though you wouldn't be able to overload as much given you have a full range of motion. Be interested to hear if anyone has used it for say, up to 8 weeks constantly, to see what they got from it.

shit that guy dropped the weight down fast, that slingshot must have a bit of strength to it to help spring it back up!

i think the range of motion may make it more effective than a partial.

I think it must work the higher part of the press by way of overload, similar to using boards when training for a shirted press, though you wouldn't be able to overload as much given you have a full range of motion. Be interested to hear if anyone has used it for say, up to 8 weeks constantly, to see what they got from it.

I agree with Steve. We have stopped with rack presses and use boards very sparingly as I dont see much carryover for raw lifting.

I think one of the greatest benefits is it teaches speed.

Max is already a pretty fast lifter, hence why he got more than the others out of it, but I think the others will learn to bench faster.

For the record, Gregg Gordon is the fastest bencher I have ever seen.

Max will bench 140kg with the SS within a couple of weeks. We will persevere with it and see if it helps.

His bench PB is 110kg x 2, both paused, we have no idea what his touch and go PB is.

I was very tempted to get one for Underground and have been mulling it over for a while. I've got to do a soft suite exchange in Jan and get a few more things, I may just pick up a sling shot as well.

How do you go for sizing? It seems to vary quite a bit.

Tonight it was used by

Dim - 72kg
Max - 78kg
Mick - 85kg
Sean - ????
Jack - 115kg

Nina will use it tomorrow at 59kg

Here is the link for anyone interested Underground Elite :: The Sling Shot :: Mark Bell's Sling Shot

If you need any help with sizing give me a call or email. The material is similar to a stiff knee wrap; being that it stretches a bit so sizing isnt super strict. the pic on the website shows where to measure around the arm so you cant really go wrong.

A PL friend got our 40reps on 100kg using it a couple of weeks ago just to see what he could do.

And yes around 10% is the general consensus from customers.

Cheers
Nick

Yeah it arrived today from Nick which I ordered Wednesday afternoon. I really haven't done much benching of recent and have been concentrating on overheads and cleans. It really showed with the sling shot as it flew of the chest and got halfway then came back down. I'm going to train in it every time I bench and see if it helps.

I got a Large and I know markos is looking to buy a couple of other sizes for the gym for all the clients to use.
Thanks Nick.

Last edited:
Here is the link for anyone interested Underground Elite :: The Sling Shot :: Mark Bell's Sling Shot

If you need any help with sizing give me a call or email. The material is similar to a stiff knee wrap; being that it stretches a bit so sizing isnt super strict. the pic on the website shows where to measure around the arm so you cant really go wrong.

A PL friend got our 40reps on 100kg using it a couple of weeks ago just to see what he could do.

And yes around 10% is the general consensus from customers.

Cheers
Nick
Im gonna get one + Bands

I'm getting one of these tmw for xmas.

hoping it can help me get back to some decent weights while protecting my dodgy shoulder a little.