• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

pre and post workout for martial arts classes

CaT_SPeW

extra crispy
what sort of pre and post nutrition would you guys recommend for martial arts classes? im doing BJJ classes which go for 2 hours + and involve a mixture of standing around listening to instructions and all out sparring rounds which can last up to 20 mins leaving me completely exhausted. so far ive been having around 75g oats and maybe a banana before the workout and 40g WPC and 20g dextrose post. im using this training to be my cardio and help to cut the last bit of fat off my mid-section, im pretty sure what im doing is ideal but was hoping for some extra input.

Just make sure you have a good meal once home and that your diet is set for the rest of the day and you'll be fine.

my post workout shake has been my meal as i get home about 9:00 and then straight to bed as i get up at 5:20 each morning. i cant really stomach any solid food after this sort of training either

Make a food shake then.

Protein
Yoghurt
Mixed Berries
Oats
Water
Ice

Check out the epic "shakes" thread, with all the high cal "shakes" to get an idea. Make them to suite your needs.

A good solid meal before, then a shake asap after then accompanied by another solid meal.
i feel better after a shake.
just remember to drink HEAPS of water especially when your rolling in BJJ.

I have 1/4 cup oats and 100g tuna about an hour before mma class.

Can't really drink that much water while training as you feel it in your belly. Just sip on small amounts. Then heaps when I finish.

I will either have the same sort of PWO shake I do for resistance days. About 400cals, 40g P, 80g C, minimal fat.

Or

milk and almonds

I always eat a solid meal not long after this.