• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Great Physique

Very few can carry 145kg this well, let alone at 5'6"

How much muscle must this man posses?

Lee-Moran.jpg

I appreciate his strength, but dear god I never want to look like that. The general aesthetics (generalisation i know ;) ) of PL lifters is not something to aspire to. Their strength is :)

but dear god I never want to look like that

Dont worry, you never will

Well that's a load off my mind :) I'd quit right now if you told me that's what I would look like. (No disrespect to anyone that wants to look like that, its a personal choice).

Its the story of the guys walking past Arnold, when he overhears one of them say I'd never want to look like that, and Arnold replies, dont worry, you never will.

Like any of us ever have the chance of carrying 145kg on a 5'6" frame lol

These are genetic freaks were talking about.

Its like a grown man saying I dont want to be as tall as Shaq lol

Its an unawareness of how far away this guy is from us.

He squats more than most on here total for 3 lifts, at 5'6"

From my limited experience in the last 30 years, I've never seen anyone attain the physique or strength of a lifter or BB of whom they have posted a pic, you know my ideal physique pic, yet these threads are on every forum.

Back on topic before Scott cracks it again

From my limited experience in the last 30 years, I've never seen anyone attain the physique or strength of a lifter or BB of whom they have posted a pic, you know my ideal physique pic, yet these threads are on every forum.

I think with the invention of 125kg bb pros 'smaller' guys like arnold seem achievable...

For those instances yes, its unreasonable to think that its feasable to look like that for most. I was being more general with my PL look. A lot of them resemble telly tubbies.
Its the story of the guys walking past Arnold, when he overhears one of them say I'd never want to look like that, and Arnold replies, dont worry, you never will.

Like any of us ever have the chance of carrying 145kg on a 5'6" frame lol

These are genetic freaks were talking about.

Its like a grown man saying I dont want to be as tall as Shaq lol

Its an unawareness of how far away this guy is from us.

He squats more than most on here total for 3 lifts, at 5'6"

Poundstone's physique is pretty damn impressive, but what's going on with his right middle finger in that jar? Nice of that bloke to balance the jar on his crotch for him. Or is Poundstone carrying it? I aint gonna have a good chrissy break if i don't sort this out.

Poundstone's physique is pretty damn impressive, but what's going on with his right middle finger in that jar? Nice of that bloke to balance the jar on his crotch for him. Or is Poundstone carrying it? I aint gonna have a good chrissy break if i don't sort this out.

Its tacky, used for extra grip in Atlas stones, keg carries and anything that needs to be bearhugged. Bearmode is carrying it.

Ryan Kennelly, AKA:Benchmonster.

ryan-kennelly.jpg

Ryan-Kennelly-off-season-bodybuilder-1.jpg

ryan-kennelly-workout.png

One of 3 men ever with a 1000lbs+ Bench.

fuck if i could carry 145kg and still look ok like moran id do it in a second. but unfortunatly im not genetically gifted so ill have to be a lightweight.

Great to watch. I have a 10 or so page article by the Kaz regarding training preparation for a competition. It's old. One of his tips is to not change your routine on the day of the comp and that means if you do drugs when you train (i.e speed), to do it at the comp. Haha. I imagine quite a few lifters probably used to take a line "back in the day".