• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The Bench Chart

the wpc world record is only 230kg!
Hey Steve,
Did the 245kg early 1996 at World Health and Fitness here in sunny Perth - had Adam Coe spotting. Did over 500 pounds at a comp here in Perth at about same time- Adam Coe won with 237.5kg - i went for 240kg but failed to lock it out. Also did 227.5kg @ 111kg at capo nationals in 1996 went for 240kg (for a new record) but again failed. In 2003 tore my right pec and left tricept doing 200kg in the gym- was making a comeback after about 5 year layoff. Haven't had them operated on but intend to get the tricept one done as soon as I can. $$$ :)

175kg at 74.8kg body-weight

No bench shirt
Own lift-off

I would be interested to see what I could do in a shirt, but as I train alone it makes this rather difficult to put on a tight-fitting bench shirt by yourself.

Last edited:
175kg at 74.8kg body-weight

No bench shirt
Own lift-off

I would be interested to see what I could do in a shirt, but as I train alone it makes this rather difficult to put on a tight-fitting bench shirt by yourself.

hole fark?

I believe that in the Australian IPF 75kg class menns open class, the bench press record is 180kg. This was with the assistance of a bench press shirt, which from what i am led to believe, provides an additional 10-20% carryover on one's "raw" bench press.

Currently 38 and have been training for quite a few years. Used to compete to powerlifting in my younger days. Once i commenced work with a mining company it became more difficult as i was living in a remote area of WA. Most of the time i trained by myself. At this time, there was no RAW division, so i just continued to train and would occasionally compete in a Drug Free event in Victoria if the comp coincide with my Annual Leave.

Not a fan of the bench press shirts and i am pleased to see the unequipped lifting is gaining popularity.