• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Getting rid of the beer belly

N

ndsl

I have a beer belly, my wife has been telling me for a while that i have a beer belly, but being the bloke i am i just shrugged it off. This morning while getting dressed for work i had a glimpse in the mirror and saw the beer belly for the first time if you know what i mean , it was a bit of an eye opener, not sure how i couldn't see it , when i was younger i was in good shape but over the years i have let my self slip

what is the best way to rid myself of the "beer belly"?. Is there any exercise routine, or is it all in the diet?

Your Diet is the place to start.cut out the junk food ,chips,booze, take away and cut down on processed and refined carbs. Lunch for work take a sandwich. do some walking like around the block , park the car a few blocks away from work and walk the rest of the way
dinner time big serving of a green vegetable like broccoli or cauliflower or spinach.

Cutting the calories you eat and drink will help in your campaign to burn excess fat

Do a 30-minute cardiovascular workout, three to five times a week. slowly work your way up. Cardiovascular activities get your heart beating fast and make you break a sweat. Cardiovascular activities are things like "fast walking, jogging, rowing, cross-country skiing, biking, stair-climbing and swimming.

strength training two or three times a week. use free weights or machine weights., or if you don't have access to weights use bodyweight for resistance (push ups, pull ups, lunges)

just remember to start off easy and build yourself up

I was told that by doing a 5k run every day i would be loosing the weight & getting my fitness level up. Is there any truth is that or do I need to do more?

the 5k run is not just something that you can decide over night, take time to build it up
Weight training and cardio cardio is what you should look at , in about a month you'll see some results
In order to loose the belly :diet, heavy weights, some cardio.

calories down, excercise up.
No specific excercise that will shrink the tumming but a combination of the a diet and excerise routine will help.

Make sure those calories are from quality food. And with excercise do some cardio and get some real swet going. Cycle, boxercise, circuit, weights also.