• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

300 kg Bench from Pritchard

I was there for the comp. Apart from 2 of the judges, nobody in that room has ever squatted or deadlifted more than Spritcha can bench! Scary strong!

290 went up like a warm-up. 305 went up like 300 but went out of groove a bit, I think. He'll get it easy next time.

Spritcha Jr is already crazy strong. Massive legs for a 14 year old.

I got 160/90/197.5 for a 447.5 total (+15kg PB). Squat & dead were very easy (should've selected better attempts in hindsight), bench I had an issue with my left bicep so that was shithouse. I ended up winning the 83kg raw class :p (5 lifters). Two other lifters would've placed before me though, but they both got injured during the training cycle & pulled out.

Well done Dancer, a 15kg total PB is a good result, especially if you can do that twice a year.

I thought you may have chased that 1000lb total with your last dead? Only 6kg short

when you read all these articles written by guys in the states its easy to forget there are guys in our own backyard killing it
respect

Unfortunately our sport is not high profile enough yet, so tremendous athletes like Steve never get recognition

Well done Dancer, a 15kg total PB is a good result, especially if you can do that twice a year.

I thought you may have chased that 1000lb total with your last dead? Only 6kg short

Thanks Markos. I thought about the 1000lbs total but I wanted the 3 out of 3 deadlift attempts (never had 3 out of 3 for any lift) and a 100% in-the-bag +10kg deadlift PB more, for the psychological boost factor. Plus that last DL means I beat Alvin's total by 5kg. :D There's always next comp to get 1000lb. I'm racing Alvin to 500kg total next year.

I often see Steve bench at the gym, raw or equipped, and he puts more on the bar on either than most of us there deadlifting. And when he squats.... the floor around the squat rack area has holes & breaks regularly. :eek:

Pics stolen from th PA sight of Steve.

SP300small.jpg

SP_375_sq_small.jpg

Steve, Congratulations on being the first PA lifter to bench 300kg.

May I ask whether you will be lifting in any raw comps in 2011?